William Kennish

gettafa

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it may not be expensive to fly to New York if you book early and fly economy, I'd imagine flying at short notice and business class is.

Was it short notice and business class then?

But The Teapot is right. Business class short notice would have been a couple of grand.

air freight is about £1 kg each way, just sayin'.........

I can't get flash player because my device wont run adobe. What are we talking, couple of hundred thousand?

Close, Stinky. 14 I made it. Certainly short of Trump's inauguration anyway. I just watched it and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Truly bizarre. William would indeed have been amazed.

Agree, they should have sent a Manxman.

I too would be interested in the costs of the trip and accomodation and general expenses. Rodan would turn up for the opening of a packet of biscuits I suspect.

A lot of people paid into a fund for this headstone. How ironic if Rodans costs approached that amount.

It didn't actually need a politician...just the family and organisers.

Agree, they should have sent a Manxman.

I too would be interested in the costs of the trip and accomodation and general expenses. Rodan would turn up for the opening of a packet of biscuits I suspect.

A lot of people paid into a fund for this headstone. How ironic if Rodans costs approached that amount.

It didn't actually need a politician...just the family and organisers.

Aye the Scottish accent didn't really didn't conjure up any sense of Manxness about it for me. Would have been better if the Chairman of the Nth American Manxies had done the eulogy, at least his adopted home and relatives might have felt more included. I'm probably wrong but I can't help thinking that Mr. President muscled in on this.

I'm an English stay over but I do recognise that some "national" events/occasions almost demand the Manx drawl to make it authentic. Anyway, it shouldn't detract from the fact that he was a clever and determined yessir (Kennish that is, not Rodan).

thetrouble with manx politicians is that they all sound like complete fuckwits when they speak. most have an impediment of some sort or talk in the style of childrens tv presenters whereas steve can talk the bullshit and roll the rrr's at the same time. he knows he has a great voice, the others know it too. if someone was to go, he was the only real option.

Archived