Brexit - Chief Minister Howard Quayle's saviour

gettafa

The plain fact is...the island will have very little influence. If we're going to be listened to we need to team up more officially with Gib and Jersey etc. Gib will be quite influential in the UK's thinking and negotiations...whereas we will be third or fourth behind them in the queue for scraps.

People overestimate our importance in the Brexit picture. Guaranteed we'll get stood upon in the dealings if it suits negotiations.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree that no one on the island took an interest in the Brexit issue - it is a golden opportunity for the island to improve relations with the EU, very closely if Scotland enters independently & we can tag on it's coat tails

Mr Quayle has declared that he is to spend most of the next 4 & a half years concentrating on the Brexit issue, spending large amounts of time off island

We will of course be very ably governed by MPOR in his absence, but my concern is that HQ should be let out on his own

Allan Bell had a good grasp of Brexit, better even than many UK politicos. He should be deputised to accompany Howard on his travels, in the national interest

Else we may end up with negotiations on sheep & farm aid, but not much else

shame the rock is owned by englandthumbsup.gif so manxtards like you and pk will be getting rockall......

Most if not all of the islands natural resources have been bought back by IOMG

The plain fact is...the island will have very little influence. If we're going to be listened to we need to team up more officially with Gib and Jersey etc. Gib will be quite influential in the UK's thinking and negotiations...whereas we will be third or fourth behind them in the queue for scraps.

People overestimate our importance in the Brexit picture. Guaranteed we'll get stood upon in the dealings if it suits negotiations.

True. There's safety in numbers in this instance and we all share the same issues now post-Brexit.

True. There's safety in numbers in this instance and we all share the same issues now post-Brexit.

Gibraltars issues are very different to ours, and it's influence is hugely greater than ours. I doubt the Sun will be running any warmongering Falklands War style headlines on the front page if we were threatened with being fucked over by the EU.

Gibraltars issues are very different to ours, and it's influence is hugely greater than ours. I doubt the Sun will be running any warmongering Falklands War style headlines on the front page if we were threatened with being fucked over by the EU.

I meant more in terms of the Channel Islands.

I meant more in terms of the Channel Islands.

I agree then as we're all in the same boat as Dependencies.

I don't agree that no one on the island took an interest in the Brexit issue - it is a golden opportunity for the island to improve relations with the EU, very closely if Scotland enters independently & we can tag on it's coat tails

Mr Quayle has declared that he is to spend most of the next 4 & a half years concentrating on the Brexit issue, spending large amounts of time off island

We will of course be very ably governed by MPOR in his absence, but my concern is that HQ should be let out on his own

Allan Bell had a good grasp of Brexit, better even than many UK politicos. He should be deputised to accompany Howard on his travels, in the national interest

Else we may end up with negotiations on sheep & farm aid, but not much else

shame the rock is owned by englandthumbsup.gif so manxtards like you and pk will be getting rockall......

Most if not all of the islands natural resources have been bought back by IOMG

leased......

Archived