Number Plate Query

Rhumsaa

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's not as bad as it was but there was a right little cottage industry going on between certain parties at one time. It's a bit harder now with that tariff.

Number plates should be on vehicles. If they are not then they should be available to anyone. Rather than people putting them on retention to make a turn on them.

Anyone who pays more than the basic fee for a number plate is a fucking idiot. How fucking sad do you have to be to cherish a fucking numberplate? Grow up you fucking weirdos.

Probably wouldn't have put it in such harsh terms but I agree with the sentiment. Never seen the attraction of paying a premium for a set of letters and numbers that you stick on your car.

No, I don't get 'cherished' plates either. The cherished plate driving around a little while ago was MAN 61E, bunched up the characters to make M ANGIE, but I always read it as MANGIE. Not a direct back of the net for that one.

Anyone who pays more than the basic fee for a number plate is a fucking idiot. How fucking sad do you have to be to cherish a fucking numberplate? Grow up you fucking weirdos.

Bit harsh isn't it? If you spend thousands doing up a 1950's bike, the last thing you would want is a 7 digit number with hyphens and a flag on the plate. Nice period, black and silver 5 or 6 digit plate. Used to be £78 now it could be thousands. We're not all weirdos you know.

You shouldn't be allowed to have a number on retention for more than three months without getting it on a vehicle.

Why's that then?

Because he says so.

I have a personalised number on my automobile which cost me a few quid. I cherish it and feel it was worth every penny, if only because my neighbours find it that much more difficult to tell how old the vehicle is. If you think about it, that makes me better than them. I can easily tell how old their cars are, and the best part of it is that some of them are actually newer than mine!

Archived