Bushy's to lose TT site?

Juan_Learner

12 minutes ago, Tarne said:

It really won't make any difference, and if there's a few hundred grand in it, that's what'll happen. 

There is only a finite amount of rent that a business can tolerate to make it profitable. I can't imagine any other brewery paying massively over the odds to have a loss making TT so as long as Bushy's rent is fair I don't see what the issue is as nobody else is going come along and put in a massive bid to lose money as they might not be as successful as a well known brand like Bushy's. It's took Bushy's 10 years to build up that reputation. I can't see Hooded Ram saying "We'll give you £100k more for the lease next year" as they couldn't possibly recoup that extra cost from beer sales. 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Tarne said:

It really won't make any difference, and if there's a few hundred grand in it, that's what'll happen. 

There won't be anything like that. The way MB was talking the corpy are getting the cost of every parking space as if it was rented a full day plus a premium.     Does anyone know how many spaces are there and what is the cost of a days parking?

5 hours ago, notwell said:

Does anyone know how many spaces are there and what is the cost of a days parking?

Full day is £5 something. Just over £6 if you manage to park or leave in the "off peak" hours

17 hours ago, JackCarter said:

What? He's got the Rovers and the Outback, and the place in Port Erin so he's is clearly investing in the IOM all year round. Martin also invests into the live music and the bands which is better entertainment than most put on. It's been great down there most of the week. It's a proven formula so why don't they just let him renew? It's as much a part of the TT as the racing is now. Not that the clueless twats in the DED or the Corpy want to acknowledge it though. The Hooded Ram beer is largely expensive piss and the new pub is awful and needs a lot of re-thinking. 

Looks like its alberts turn on the multiuser login.

The clue to this is in the title, "Bushy's beer tent", not Okells or Hooded ram and any visitor you speak to refers to the Bushys version. Is this some DED backhand way of getting their own back over the use of the  TT letters as referred to in another thread?

1 hour ago, notwell said:

They don't have to.

I think you'll find that they do (or at least ought to).  The new DED policy is supposed to give local charities free use, but not local businesses.  Bushy's get free use because they had a registered trademark which had been allowed despite all the money that the DED pay to their lawyers who are supposed to monitor these things and because it would be dangerous for the DED to challenge someone with a long history of prior use of 'TT' before the DED got round to registering it.  But neither of those apply to Hooded Ram.

Having said that we haven't seen any proper guidelines from the DED as to what is allowed and how businesses and others can or cannot use 'TT' other than a vague hope that people should give the (it didn't say who) a ring.  So it's no doubt the usual mixture of confusion and favouritism.

57 minutes ago, woody2 said:

its a clear link to the tt hooded ram has done....

Good luck if the DED want to go for Raj for using the connection. He'll tie them up in knots and spit them out. 

48 minutes ago, JackCarter said:

Good luck if the DED want to go for Raj for using the connection. He'll tie them up in knots and spit them out. 

and of course, he has a lot more invested on island and employs more people.

16 minutes ago, WTF said:

and of course, he has a lot more invested on island and employs more people.

I think that's maybe Martins problem. He's rich, and runs a successful business, but maybe not rich enough not to get pushed over by the DED. I would imagine Raj would fuck them sideways into next week. Plus he fits the HNWI profile they're all falling over themselves to fawn over to keep their pensions in payment. 

Archived