Bushy's to lose TT site?

Juan_Learner

Do we need a beer tent, Bushy's or otherwise. on the Bottleneck car park anymore?

I understand why is came about as they needed something to replace the pub at the bottom of Victoria Street when that end of the prom used to be packed out every evening waiting for the odd biker to do wheelie, or smoke a tyre, or what ever. I don't tend to go down late in the evening but I get the impression that does not happen anymore. If all that is no longer going on down that end of the prom most evenings is there still need for the beer tent there. I have to admit I have wandered down a few times in the afternoon and whilst it would be an exaggeration to say there where more bar staff than customers certainly most were just stood about looking at their phones as they had nowt to do  

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, notwell said:

The fun police stopped the wheelies and burn outs etc. It's just the odd organised thing like the helmets these days.

It's a pissy boring tent.  You could have it elsewhere run by anyone.

Yeah so says most boring government salaried wankers who think making money is so easy. It's not that easy to build up that sort of business and most Manx people enjoy a night at the Bushy's beer tent. But then again you're an angry, shitty, troll who doesn't really believe a word you publish. 

1 minute ago, Trueblood said:

You wouldn't say that if you'd been there last night, it was absolutely rammed.

It may have been rammed but my point was really is there a need for a tent at the bottle neck car park. It seems to be that it could now easily be at one of several places and presumably if you put on what people want they will come. The basis for it being where it is was that is where the "antics" went on. Now they have stopped it could easily go somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

It may have been rammed but my point was really is there a need for a tent at the bottle neck car park.

Yes, yes, there is. 

16 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

It may have been rammed but my point was really is there a need for a tent at the bottle neck car park. It seems to be that it could now easily be at one of several places and presumably if you put on what people want they will come. The basis for it being where it is was that is where the "antics" went on. Now they have stopped it could easily go somewhere else.

Good point, except they tried that further down the prom and it wasn't as good. 

8 minutes ago, sarahc said:

Good point, except they tried that further down the prom and it wasn't as good. 

But was that because who did it and where it was? My point is now I expect that if Bushy's moved their tent some where equally accessible punters would probably still turn up. The thread was about the possibility that Bushy's might loose the current site, although as Piebaps said it is probably the owner just trying to mobilise public opinion prior to negotiations. I expect that there are several sites that Bushy's could put their tent and still be successful since the days of fun and frolics on the prom have long gone.

Archived