Bushy's to lose TT site?

Juan_Learner

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

They need to do the best for douglas ratepayers...

Yar, that is what I said when I hadn't actually thought about it (see page 1 or 2) but thinking about it, it would be far worse for the rate payers to house a flop like the brewery tent was when it was slap bang in the middle of the prom. 

Tendering is a big process, costly & it is time consuming. Bushy's beer tent was Bushy's idea, by the left they should've patented it!

13 minutes ago, notwell said:

It's a smelly tent that anyone with a touch of organisation can create. It has no brand value. People won't stop coming if it isn't called Bushys. 

You're just a sad prick largely squabbling with yourself now. Sad.

One way to test it - Replace beer tent with new beer tent ran by a shit beer company like Carling. Have bushys further down the prom. See which one does better

Hint - It'll be Carling

1 minute ago, Tarne said:

One way to test it - Replace beer tent with new beer tent ran by a shit beer company like Carling. Have bushys further down the prom. See which one does better

Hint - It'll be Carling

It won't most bikers are the real ale brigade. 

I can't see what Boredom is posting but I've no doubt it is the usual angry rantings of a small, failed, middle aged man who's missus binned him. Probably struggling to accept what he is too. It's sad.  We need to support these sort of people. 

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

Yar, that is what I said when I hadn't actually thought about it (see page 1 or 2) but thinking about it, it would be far worse for the rate payers to house a flop like the brewery tent was when it was slap bang in the middle of the prom. 

Tendering is a big process, costly & it is time consuming. Bushy's beer tent was Bushy's idea, by the left they should've patented it!

I think that tent flopped die to the fact there wasn't enough business for two. I think whoever puts a tent up in that car park will do booming business just stick to what is on offer at the moment.

Did Bushy's ask for the car park for their tent or did the council think "Lets get a beer tent?". I pop down for a drink in TT week because it's Bushy's, I wouldn't go if it was just a beer tent in a car park. 

18 hours ago, notwell said:

It's a smelly tent that anyone with a touch of organisation can create. It has no brand value. People won't stop coming if it isn't called Bushys. 

Ha Ha. Even if they lost it tomorrow people will still be calling it Bushy's in 20 years whoever is running it. People still call the University College IOM "The Tech" and DoI "The Highways Board". It's the Isle of Man. We don't like change!;)

Archived