Samphire gone forever ?

Neil Down

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went on Friday with my Wife for her Birthday. All I can say is wow. The food was amazing, we had the duck liver pate and duck and pork roilette to start along with Sea bass and king prawns on a bed of crushed potato with creme brulle for desert. The ingredients were extremely fresh and cooked to perfection, the restaurant itself is quite small but looks great. The staff were attentive but not in your face. To be honest I could not fault it at all.

The best thing about it was that there wasnt a free table in the place and that is brilliant because the place deserves to be packed every night.

In terms of price I would say it was average but when you take into account the quality I would actually say it is damn good value for money.

10/10 - I will be back many more times.

Thats the place.

We went there a couple of weeks ago - food was fabulous. We had goats cheese wrapped in filo and smoked haddock croquettes to start. We both then had the confit dick on rosti and, as the food was so tasty, managed to force in a couple of desserts: eton mess and apple tarte tatin.

Food was resonabley priced and the quality was excellent.

It was full when we went and deservedly so.

New place opened on North Quay looks a bit interesting. The place is run by the chef who used to be at Tanrogan. Going for a meal shortly. Anybody ate there yet?

I always wondered why if a Chef was good you would want to work for somebody else rather than run your own place. Might be different if you are in a big restaurant with a brigade of chefs but not really where there are a couple of you

New place opened on North Quay looks a bit interesting. The place is run by the chef who used to be at Tanrogan. Going for a meal shortly. Anybody ate there yet?

I always wondered why if a Chef was good you would want to work for somebody else rather than run your own place. Might be different if you are in a big restaurant with a brigade of chefs but not really where there are a couple of you

maybe didn't have the finance to have their own place.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe didn't have the finance to have their own place.

And not everyone has the skills or inclination required to run a business and many are simply happier on the creative side.

Archived