Villa Marina gig line up

When Skies Are Grey

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, Lxxx said:

No idea who Jake Bugg is and vaguely know that Blunt fella is the one with the whiny voice with one song to his name.

Blunt sold out in 5 days for next June's concert.

The Villa Marina /Isle of Man in general, seems to have a nice reputation with musicians. There's no doubt that the atmosphere and ambience are unique.

eta: I should know I've performed in a band on that stage you know.

(Rushen Primary school band at The Guild, playing one of the tambourines)

On 10/6/2017 at 8:19 PM, gettafa said:

The Villa Marina /Isle of Man in general, seems to have a nice reputation with musicians.

Just not with audiences! 

I think the musicians feel the Island is a bit out of the ordinary and do seem to enjoy it. They've probably played most UK towns before. 

Yes, that is what I meant. Some will find it a drag having to come here, whereas others realise they are going to 'somehwere else'. eg Elton John, Blondie, James and countless others found it had something special.

And the Villa is an excellent venue and has a nice acoustic when there is a good crowd in there.

I sussed that out playing my clappers when on the stage with Rushen Primary School Percussion Band in the Guild all those years ago (2nd place)

Declan is right, hit and miss is possibly mild. Sometimes the sound is just rubbish. It seems they just give up on trying to get it right and turn everything up. Not always, they get it right sometimes (James, Graham Coxon) but sometimes its just awful (Cast, Morrissey)

Archived