Villa Marina gig line up

When Skies Are Grey

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2018 at 7:25 PM, TheTeapot said:

Milton Jones was very very funny.

He was terrific. The only creaky stuff I thought was the running thing about phone calls from his PA, and the stuff about Brexit. The deadpan one-liners and puns were excellent, and those are the things he is known for.  Childish I know, but 'we buried him with a heavy heart' has stayed with me and made me giggle at random moments since!

• 3 weeks later...

All very quiet about bands for TT fortnight, other than Gary Barlow, who just happens to be on then. Not that long to go now.

Am sure I read Rob Callister saying there was going to be three big bands at the Villa Gaiety. Hooded Ram have also said they'll have big name bands, and I think Bushy's said similar, although Lenny who organises for them recently announced his temporary retirement from promotion.

I hope there are plans, as usually there would be announcements well before this time of year.

Beer Festival this weekend. Always good to see the transmogrification of the Villa Marina from what is a really excellent gig venue...to a darts competition...to etc......to what is proving to be a superb venue for a Beer festival.

Archived