Liverpool Arms Closes

Non-Believer

1 minute ago, Tarne said:

Just the thought of a pub without wifi makes me die inside. 

Just the thought of £3.95 for lager and £4.15+ for Guinness makes me cringe...and that's before the other half's tipple...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

In the UK over 5 years (2012-16) the number of town centre bars, pubs and night clubs fell by about 2,000.

Meanwhile, cafes, fast food outlets and restaurants have gone up by 6,000 across England, Scotland and Wales.

Society is a changing. It is always evolving...except for the chavs.

And the pissheads.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Donald Trumps said:

It's because only largish fast food outlets & high margin coffee joints can afford the ludicrous business rates they charge in the UK. There is a campaign for rate reductions for truly authentic pubs

Down on my manor they are going back in time to the days of little old ale houses. There used to be a lot of these little back street places in market towns. Then they became shops/offices/houses. Now they are coming back as little old alehouses..I post a link. Another one in the same street is a cider house.

http://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/moulsham-tap-runs-out-beer-636516

• Like 1

I spotted one in Stratford upon Avon but for the life of me can't remember its name.

Weatherspoons did a run where they supported the micro breweries in and around Manchester a year or so ago. Very popular