Winter watching

TheTeapot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he was quite involved. I've read quite a few of his books, I think it was when they introduced the Greeks into The Wire that I clicked that he was doing some of the writing. Enjoyed the Nick Stefanos novels years ago, and there were a bunch of little things from those that turned up in the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Bros - When the Screaming Stops is on iPlayer. 

If you didn’t know they were real you’d imagine it was mockumentary like Spinal Tap. 

The one that sings is bonkers - 

“I made a conscious decision because of Stevie Wonder not to be superstitious.”

”Rome wasn’t built in a day, but we haven’t got as long as the Romans”

The one that drums wears Soundgarden and Nirvana t-shirts. He hasn’t touched a drum kit in twenty years but gives the seasoned session musicians a pep talk about how they should be more like Flea. 

The other one isn’t mentioned. 

My favourite moment is where the singer goes on a mad rant about setting up a petition, “in the name of Bros” because “you can’t play conkers in England anymore”. And the drummer shrugs “I can live with that”

I've managed to get hooked into Leah Remini's, 'Scientology and the Aftermath.'

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to accept what is true." Kierkegaard.

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich start a religion." L. Ron Hubbard.

And so it was. 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:14 PM, Chinahand said:

I genuinely enjoyed the Voice last night. The singers were great and when Lonnie Donegan’s son auditioned and ended up duetting with Tom Jones it was a unique moment. 

He is quite the pianist as well. Sir Tom was accused by the vacuous few that the show was fixed...

• 5 weeks later...

Watched season 2 of The Punisher and really enjoyed it. It isn't perfect, started more Reacher than Punisher, Billys face isn't as fucked up as it should have been and his idiot doctor was a dreadful character, but The Punisher himself and a Don Corleone inspired nutter drags you through it. Worth a watch I'd say.

Just started on Happy!, which is odd. It's got the guy who played Chris Keller on Oz in it, and a flying talking unicorn. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Victim was an excellent drama, and an interesting investigation into who is the victim, why, when, etc, from different perspectives.

I think it showed that things are never black and white.

I’ve also enjoyed Baptiste, but not as much as the two earlier series of The Missing, where the character was introduced. I love the jumping around in time.

Line of Duty is shaping up well. 

The Bay I’ve more mixed feelings about, but it does evoke memories of Morecambe where I spent time growing up.

Archived