Winter watching

TheTeapot

Because it is coming into winter and it is cold and dark all the time I find myself watching quite a bit of TV. Or at least TV shows on a laptop. I don't pay all that much attention to stuff that's been on though so am often unaware of decent shows. Over the last few years I've watched most of the good stuff, like Boardwalk Empire and Fargo so am open to suggestions for other stuff. Going to download Daredevil and possibly other marvel stuff after enjoying The Punisher so much, and I've never seen Peaky Blinders so that's on my list. Season 3 of Lucifer is ongoing but that is terribly hit and miss, sometimes its great and sometimes its really really poor. What else have I missed?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just discovered black mirror on Netflix.  Kinda like the twilight zone set 20 years into the future. ''Tis good.

Put stranger things on your list. And if you liked boardwalk empire pretty much anything from HBO if you've not already seen them, e.g. the wire, deadwood, sopranos.

Breaking Bad is good but it's prequel Better Call Saul is better.

11 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Anyone being watching Motherland?

Silly fun!

It’s still on iPlayer:

Yes - it’s very funny (and believable!). Graham Linehan and Sharon Horgan, who write it, have maintained their record for quality comedy.

Don't have flix or sky, Mrs X brought home the boxed set of Westworld the other day. Being a fan of the film, and Humans and the like, sat back and hammered the set in a couple of days.

A bit twin peaks in places, but knowing the background of most involved in the making, I must admit, on 1st viewing, I worked the most of the reveals out within a couple of episodes.

Worth a go if you've not seen it thou'. If you happen to be unfamiliar with it, should be a good few nights viewing.

The festive season on TV looks weak this year, so it'll be a few more boxed sets to be gone through, new and revisits.

Northern Exposure, sitting in the cupboard is looking very tempting compared to most on offer over Xmas.

'The End of The Fucking World' on C4 or one or other C4 related channels is addictive. Very dark, very funny, packs a lot into a very sparse script and simple plot. Jessica Barden and Alex Lawther are brilliant as the moody girl and self diagnosed psychopath boy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived