Great Advice

mannin1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, mannin1 said:

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/advice-for-frail-and-elderly-in-cold-weather/

Good sound advice for our elderly who unlike their UK counterparts do not receive any form of heating allowance, the only ones who get anything need to be registered on markwell houses claim list.

If you are not you get sweet FA.

Caring sharing, I think not

We get a darned more support here than just heating allowances. A lot is based on income and savings but then again a lot is not, especially disability support which extends to access to all public buildings including retail as well as workplaces and offices plus modifications to our homes if certain conditions are met.

I now have a "Blue Card" which entitles me to all sorts of advantages and not just priority parking. 

All in all the actual UK state pension forms a relatively small part of the totality of support that we wrinkelies and crippled get and if you Google it you may well be surprised.

I have been getting the UK £200 Winter Fuel Allowance for years now. They have another one also. Some of the power companies give you £140 a year free leccy. It covers the standing charge and a bit over. I am with E.on and they give it to me. It used to be £200 though. Now perhaps the Manx leccy whatever it is now could do the same? 

We also have the £25 Cold Weather Payment if the temperature in one's postcode is 0 for seven days I think it is.

It has not been that cold down on my manor for many years now.

I think one year I got £200 WFA plus £200 Warm Home Scheme payment from the leccy company plus £75 in Cold Weather Payments...That's £475 gratefully received but not actually necessary in my case. Bit OTT? Eh?

I did give £25 of it to his Holiness the Pope who was driving the Number 70 bus from Chelmsford to Colchester at the time. (Think about it! Work it out!)

Points in this instance do not mean prizes.

13 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Thousands of families on this island are in fuel poverty

What is Quayle CoMin going to do about it?

How can over-paid, indulged lard-arses who've never really wanted for anything in their lives ever possibly empathise with the experiences of those considerably less fortunate than themselves? 

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Barrie, Barrie, Barrie. we couldn't give a rat's arse what they do down your "manor". Why not concentrate on annoying your neighbours instead of us...:thumbsup:

A bit harsh, but funny though. Still if Barrie still lived on the island I’m sure his name would have made its way on to the Lego Nominations List, like everyone else. 

Barrie is right on winter fuel payments etc.

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Barrie, Barrie, Barrie. we couldn't give a rat's arse what they do down your "manor". Why not concentrate on annoying your neighbours instead of us...:thumbsup:

You don't speak for me or as I suspect, several other users. Barrie Stevens is a top poster and brings much more value to this board than, dare I say it, err, you. 

Archived