Great Advice

mannin1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

There is nothing that annoys me more than people who get paid big bucks for stating the obvious.

Nothing that annoys me more than people who get paid big bucks for covering the obvious up. To cover their own backs and failure most of the time, both within Central Govt and LAs.

9 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Thousands of families on this island are in fuel poverty

2 hours ago, quilp said:

3,100,apparently. Alf Cannan, was it? 

41 minutes ago, The Sick Moon said:

I don't know, is that just family households? The number must be much larger if that's the case. 

It's households and is based on a question Hooper asked of Thomas in the Keys on Wednesday (Q15).  Not on Hansard yet, so you'll have to listen to it.  The exact number varies with definition of fuel poverty (3100 - 3500) and is out of date, being based on the last household survey (2012-13) - there's another survey currently under way.

16 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

.................hey boy, we're not all rich...............no 5 bed house, no other property............just managing, no complaints, grateful for what we've got.............so there!!

Good on you. 

My views on this Golden Generation are well documented on MF. 

Time to stop the handouts. 

14 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Rearrange these words to create a famous phrase or saying: “All Fuck”.

Dr Alex Allinson @allinson_alex 

"Manx Utilities has already increased the emergency credit for meter customers and will try to help anyone worried about getting cut off. If someone has difficulties with their bill get in contact with @manx_utilities and we’ll try to help."

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's households and is based on a question Hooper asked of Thomas in the Keys on Wednesday (Q15).  Not on Hansard yet, so you'll have to listen to it.  The exact number varies with definition of fuel poverty (3100 - 3500) and is out of date, being based on the last household survey (2012-13) - there's another survey currently under way.

The uk's definition of fuel poverty is if it costs you 10% of your income, my heat/light cost is around £3,600 per annum so if I earn £36,000 or less i'm in fuel poverty so I suspect the true figures are many multiples of those published.

39 minutes ago, woody2 said:

went into spar last night to get some cig papers, one of these poor pensioners was in front of me in the queue with 2 ready meals....

bit sad really.....

the till came to £61.98:o £3.98 for the meals, £58 on scratch cards.....

wtf.....

This "pensioner" doesn't buy 'scratch cards', how do you know 'he' was one of the "poor ones"?:rolleyes:

Archived