flybe/Eastern axe Belfast service?

Utah 01

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Cypman said:

Yes, bookings are still available but all flights after 11 June appear to route via Manchester.

Correct - the direct flight is finished from the second week of June.  I know of a number of NI business people who found getting to and from their interests on the island difficult enough with the existing service.  Now, I'd not be surprised if they pull out altogether. The Isle of Man - freedom to flourish - if you can get there and don't give a monkey's if you can't.

15 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Correct - the direct flight is finished from the second week of June.  I know of a number of NI business people who found getting to and from their interests on the island difficult enough with the existing service.  Now, I'd not be surprised if they pull out altogether. The Isle of Man - freedom to flourish - if you can get there and don't give a monkey's if you can't.

Freedom to flee, heartily endorsed by IOM government.

History shows, over 15 years or so, that getting into bed with Eastern always ends in tears......Their services to Southampton, Bristol, Birmingham, Belfast, Newcastle, Leeds have all come and gone, over the years. The 'big girl' was very naive to think that this would have a good ending. 

11 hours ago, Nellie said:

History shows, over 15 years or so, that getting into bed with Eastern always ends in tears......Their services to Southampton, Bristol, Birmingham, Belfast, Newcastle, Leeds have all come and gone, over the years. The 'big girl' was very naive to think that this would have a good ending. 

I'll bet that this will be posted up as another "Easyjet have come up trumps" success story though?

easyjet has come up trumps - but only on Fridays and Mondays.

For the rest of the week you can spend 5 hours to travel a straight line distance of 65 miles.

Isn't this supposed to be 'the connected age' or are Islands, whose lifeblood depends on 'connections' excluded?

54 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

easyjet has come up trumps - but only on Fridays and Mondays.

For the rest of the week you can spend 5 hours to travel a straight line distance of 65 miles.

Isn't this supposed to be 'the connected age' or are Islands, whose lifeblood depends on 'connections' excluded?

IOM doesn't depend on being connected to Belfast any more than it depends on being connected to anywhere else which is 65 miles away.

Besides which - is any business which still depends on regular meetings in the same physical location really going to base on the IOM?

Slightly off topic but a dickie bird told me over the weekend that Stobart's are looking at a Carlisle - Isle of Man service. Probably start off as freight but weekend trips to the lake district might be a possibility soon. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Slightly off topic but a dickie bird told me over the weekend that Stobart's are looking at a Carlisle - Isle of Man service. Probably start off as freight but weekend trips to the lake district might be a possibility soon. 

What cargo is so urgent that it has to be air freighted?

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

What cargo is so urgent that it has to be air freighted?

True. Was just passing on what I was told from someone who has links to Stobart, who probably doesn't have an in depth knowledge of the subject. The passenger aspect is definitely on the table though.  

6 hours ago, Lxxx said:

just in time to undercut the steam racket, its a good job iomg didn't buy it......

#oh

Just now, woody2 said:

just in time to undercut the steam racket, its a good job iomg didn't buy it......

#oh

Do you believe transporting containers by aircraft is likely to ever be realistically less costly than bringing them in by sea?

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

Do you believe transporting containers by aircraft is likely to ever be realistically less costly than bringing them in by sea?

who said anything about containers? tesco boss said it was cheaper to fly salad in from california than from spain.....

Archived