Scottish Parliament Rejects EU Withdrawal Bill

La Colombe

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

That looks like a classic Woody tip - can’t find a market though. :(

if any of them want independence they just have to make it a national vote.....

england would get rid of the lot.....

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

After the last debacle, no one wants a referendum anytime soon, and it suits the SNP and Sinn Féin to sit back and allow Westminster to continue making the break-up inevitable. 

the snp are highly unpopular, at this rate they could end up with a tory parish council.....

gingers on thin ice from both sides.....

A further Scottish independence referendum post the Brexit referendum would be interesting.  If I recall correctly the Better Together campaign ran with the threat that an independent Scotland would  have to re-apply to join the EU.  The European Commission offered to provide an opinion but the British Government declined.  I wonder what that opinion would have been? 

Also interesting to note that the 'No' side won with 55.3% of the vote. 

4 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

A further Scottish independence referendum post the Brexit referendum would be interesting.  If I recall correctly the Better Together campaign ran with the threat that an independent Scotland would  have to re-apply to join the EU.  The European Commission offered to provide an opinion but the British Government declined.  I wonder what that opinion would have been? 

Also interesting to note that the 'No' side won with 55.3% of the vote. 

they have since been told by the eu they couldn't have continuous membership as scotland isn't a member....

they would have to join and take the euro....

ginger hasn't got intension of joining..... 

10 hours ago, woody2 said:

the snp are highly unpopular, at this rate they could end up with a tory parish council.....

gingers on thin ice from both sides.....

Don’t suppose you could provide a link to any credible poll that confirms that could you? Or, maybe a link to any poll Since the last election that suggests the SNP isn’t at least 8 points clear of either labour or conservative? 

I know you won’t find that, but I’m not really interested in how wrong you are about the past or present. Most bookies now give odds against No winning the next referendum in Scotland, so they’re not very attractive odds. Now, you seem to be saying that a second referendum won’t happen in Scotland, and if it did, No would win. I’m considering a punt, would you mind confirming that I have summarised your prediction correctly?

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

they have since been told by the eu they couldn't have continuous membership as scotland isn't a member....

they would have to join and take the euro....

ginger hasn't got intension of joining..... 

Maybe the Scottish would like their sovereignty and to bring power back to Scotland and away from the control of a 'foreign' government which foists legislation onto it from afar.

44 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Don’t suppose you could provide a link to any credible poll that confirms that could you? Or, maybe a link to any poll Since the last election that suggests the SNP isn’t at least 8 points clear of either labour or conservative? 

I know you won’t find that, but I’m not really interested in how wrong you are about the past or present. Most bookies now give odds against No winning the next referendum in Scotland, so they’re not very attractive odds. Now, you seem to be saying that a second referendum won’t happen in Scotland, and if it did, No would win. I’m considering a punt, would you mind confirming that I have summarised your prediction correctly?

Db--VgnW4AIkWF5.thumb.jpg.3b7e7cb5a5170c6c6088dde51231983d.jpg

:whistling:

8 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Maybe the Scottish would like their sovereignty and to bring power back to Scotland and away from the control of a 'foreign' government which foists legislation onto it from afar.

seem very happy for the eu to control everything......

:lol:

49 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Now, you seem to be saying that a second referendum won’t happen in Scotland, and if it did, No would win. I’m considering a punt, would you mind confirming that I have summarised your prediction correctly?

nope......

Archived