Scottish Parliament Rejects EU Withdrawal Bill

La Colombe

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You asked me about The Daily Wail. Their headline yesterday was "LABOUR’S FREE FOR ALL ON MIGRANTS" followed by all their usual nonsense. I was wondering who would be stupid enough to believe that load of old bs? Then I read a decent newspaper to discover that the Maybot was digging herself into an even bigger hole.

Case closed....

i'm guessing this is labour shutting down the removal centres......

as covered by the bbc....

accurate headline then.....  

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

If the Brussels bureacracy is so irrelevant why do you and your acolytes get so worked up about it?

No puerile answers please. An adult conversation minus obvious EU prejudices would make a nice change.

You asked me about The Daily Wail. Their headline yesterday was "LABOUR’S FREE FOR ALL ON MIGRANTS" followed by all their usual nonsense. I was wondering who would be stupid enough to believe that load of old bs? Then I read a decent newspaper to discover that the Maybot was digging herself into an even bigger hole.

Case closed....

You know exactly why. I happen to think that the countries of Europe are well able to run themselves without help from Juncker and the ECB. It's a sovereignty principle and always has been. That is why the whole thing is irrelevant and superfluous. How many more times do you need telling?

So you are reading the Daily Mail. Then you go to (presumably) The Guardian for the other extreme. Good luck. I don't need any of that megaphone journalism to know what's going on. Or should I say "meghanphone journalism" in view of the fact that the entire world appears to have ceased producing news if you only take in the mainstream media this week.

2 hours ago, woolley said:

the entire world appears to have ceased producing news if you only take in the mainstream media this week.

You would have crossed over into proper bonkers angry-man territory if you were to really start talking about the "mainstream media". So I know that you must be joking.

Mainstream, as opposed to fringe.

16 minutes ago, pongo said:

You would have crossed over into proper bonkers angry-man territory if you were to really start talking about the "mainstream media". So I know that you must be joking.

Mainstream, as opposed to fringe.

I think I have used that term for years. Doesn't mean I am using it in the same context as the nutters of the extreme left. I mean major British TV and radio channels and national rags.

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

I think I have used that term for years. Doesn't mean I am using it in the same context as the nutters of the extreme left. I mean major British TV and radio channels and national rags.

You just don't realise that you are using it in the same context as the nutters of the extreme left. But actually you are. Equal and opposite.

You've been down so long that it probably feels like the top.

Just now, pongo said:

You just don't realise that you are using it in the same context as the nutters of the extreme left. But actually you are.

You've been down so long that it probably feels like the top.

No. I am speaking from moderate centre. I am using the term for exactly what it means, as defined above, without any devious connotation.

Back to the OP

When push comes to shove Scotland can scream and scream until they're sick, were leaving the EU and the sooner and harder the better. While Scotland sucks on the hardworking English tax payers teat they will do what they're told.

There is also no guarantee that Brussels would want to replace the cash cow that is the UK with the liability that would be Scotland. It's all about Scot Nat politics and nothing else anyway. Where is the logic in seceding from one union (UK) with which you do four times the trade than the one that you are joining (EU) ?

If Westminster caved and gave all of the repatriated powers to Holyrood, just watch them change their tune. All about power for them. Giving them a power base was another Blair folly.

7 hours ago, woolley said:

You know exactly why. I happen to think that the countries of Europe are well able to run themselves without help from Juncker and the ECB. It's a sovereignty principle and always has been. That is why the whole thing is irrelevant and superfluous. How many more times do you need telling?

So the 27 think they can't govern themselves hence they need the EU to do it for them? Because they clearly value their membership....

It looks to me that you've moved from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Now about your property investments in the EU. Presumably you view them as being in a stable political environment or you wouldn't have made them?

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

snp has no intension of joining the eu.....

SNP, indeed the whole of Scotland has no say other than send a message of what they might like.  The bottom line is that they will do what HMG tells them what will take place.

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

So the 27 think they can't govern themselves hence they need the EU to do it for them? Because they clearly value their membership....

It looks to me that you've moved from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Now about your property investments in the EU. Presumably you view them as being in a stable political environment or you wouldn't have made them?

Their elites value their membership, just as the elites in the UK do. I don't buy property for investment purposes, I buy it to enjoy. In Spain property has doubled and halved in the time I've been in the market. I don't sell. I have much more efficient ways of making money. Those countries ARE stable political environments in any case. Not stable in the British sense of course, but I don't think Franco or Mussolini are coming back. EU membership is neither here nor there. I'd be pretty relaxed about it if either left the EU. I am more concerned about the situation in Catalonia. A breakaway there WOULD be a shame.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:58 PM, Rog said:

Back to the OP

When push comes to shove Scotland can scream and scream until they're sick, were leaving the EU and the sooner and harder the better. While Scotland sucks on the hardworking English tax payers teat they will do what they're told.

Can you explain this please?

Archived