Win a house competition!

Last Ten

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

and all "raffles" have strict rules.

Why do you have to quote a dictionary? it is simple. You have a "chance" if you buy a ticket. If there is never going to be a winner, then you never had that "chance" FFS

But somebody won. So that argument doesn’t hold water. There was a cash winner. She elected not to have her name publicised.  Which is the same as any pools or lottery winner is entitled to. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

But somebody won. So that argument doesn’t hold water. There was a cash winner. She elected not to have her name publicised.  Which is the same as any pools or lottery winner is entitled to. 

:lol::lol::lol: as you would say.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

:lol::lol::lol: as you would say.

Been looking for an excuse to come off these forums for a while. This thread is completely mental in almost every respect and so that’s probably it. Nobody won a house for £20, get over it. That platform is a UK platform used by hundreds of campaigns a month. Nobody seems to complain about any of that, until a house in the IOM is put up and nobody gets a house for £20 - and then the site is attacked and social media melts down. It’s the perfect allegory to explain the total mess the IOM is in. A load of civil servants and other self entitled spongers bleating about not getting something for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Been looking for an excuse to come off these forums for a while. This thread is completely mental in almost every respect and so that’s probably it. Nobody won a house for £20, get over it. That platform is a UK platform used by hundreds of campaigns a month. Nobody seems to complain about any of that, until a house in the IOM is put up and nobody gets a house for £20 - and then the site is attacked and social media melts down. It’s the perfect allegory to explain the total mess the IOM is in. A load of civil servants and other self entitled spongers bleating about not getting something for nothing. 

:lol:

Why keep it going then ?

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

To be honest as each week goes by I’m finding it harder and harder to explain reality to people who live in the IOM. It’s why this place is without doubt irredeemably fucked. 

Why do you feel the need to explain reality to other people ?

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe because some people just can’t understand that not everything that happens here is a big conspiracy 

4 minutes ago, kevster said:
7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe because some people just can’t understand that not everything that happens here is a big conspiracy 

Well, I for one don't believe in conspiracies, but I know a con when I see one.

On 21 June 2018 at 1:13 PM, ecobob said:

That’s probably the top and bottom of it. That naivety has been seized upon by the collective mob and seen as a weakness. After that it’s open season day. 

Genius !  couldn't have said it better!! 

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

People are pissed off becuase they think the whole thing was corrupt

I did not buy a ticket so have no axe to grind in that respect

However I still think the whole thing stinks and nobody was ever going to win the property

It had absolutely fuck all to do with being Manx

These raffles have been  going on for years in the uk and most end the same way 

Con, conspiracy,  Manxies or UK ?  NOPE! 

Just Human beings.... one in particular maybe?  who had many many entries & lost a lot of money.

Now causing trouble on a closed FB page. 

I do not think there was any attempt to defraud or mislead it just went horribly wrong.   Naive to think they would sell sufficient tickets to equate to the value of the property and very naive not to make sure the draw was done properly with an independent person organising it.   I am not surprised people are annoyed at the outcome it was a complete Micky Mouse job.

Archived