Win a house competition!

Last Ten

9 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Not really. It’s the typical Manx problem of people being pissed off that they didn’t get something (a house), for nothing (£20). That’s all. 

You're an idiot

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Declan said:

You’re weird. It’s the greedy Manx people and the incompetent Manx government to blame! Is there nothing you won’t twist to fit your cynicism, even other people’s cynicism. 

They’re not moaning that they did not win, they’re moaning about the lack of transparency and the suspicion that no one won. They seem valid concerns. 

Not really = the gaming person said it would cost £35,000 in licensing fees to do this in the IOM so who the hell would bother when you can happily run this sort of draw in the UK without a load of civil servants crawling all over you and ripping you off for enormous licensing fees. That then massively reduced the number of people who were able to buy a ticket which is what I’m sure resulted in the low number of tickets sold. Do none of these people ever use Kickstarter, or any of the other Crowdfunding sites? The T & Cs are easy to follow as the Duck of Atholl says above. People are just moaning as they failed to get something for nothing. A particularly Manx trait - I failed to get something for nothing so now I’m going to fuck someone over. The odds were against her from day one really and now I bet she wishes she hadn’t even have bothered. I put a few quid in on this. I lost it. Tough on me, and I couldn’t care less as I never expected to get a house for absolutely bugger all. 

13 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The cash prize is being handed out instead. 

Correct but 'less expenses' which haven't been disclosed.

I have no vested interest as I didn't enter the draw as I thought the T&Cs were poor. Whether it required a licence in the IoM was questionable. Was it being promoted here? 

What is inexcusable is the way the draw was conducted. No lawyer present, people with a vested interest (ticket holders) were there as well as her sister. The promoter has at best been naive. 

59 minutes ago, Get a life said:

The promoter has at best been naive. 

That’s probably the top and bottom of it. That naivety has been seized upon by the collective mob and seen as a weakness. After that it’s open season day. 

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

People are just moaning as they failed to get something for nothing. A particularly Manx trait - I failed to get something for nothing so now I’m going to fuck someone over. 

I can assure you that this is a human trait not confined to the Manx.

1 hour ago, Get a life said:

Correct but 'less expenses' which haven't been disclosed.

I have no vested interest as I didn't enter the draw as I thought the T&Cs were poor. Whether it required a licence in the IoM was questionable. Was it being promoted here? 

What is inexcusable is the way the draw was conducted. No lawyer present, people with a vested interest (ticket holders) were there as well as her sister. The promoter has at best been naive. 

So what? I honestly don’t get what the issue is here and I actually bought a ticket rather than just being a random internet moaner. I lost money and frankly I don’t care. I use Kickstarter all the time and sometimes projects succeed and sometimes they don’t. You either get your money back, goods or offers in lieu, or whatever else was in the T & Cs and there’s no lawyers monitoring the handover of every 50p spent there either. This does seem to be a classic case of nobody in the IOM is allowed to have an original idea or try something new because others suspect that they might have made more than £10 for themselves out of it and that would never do. The internet moaners and pitchfork wavers on this one are pitiful to be honest. You didn’t get a house for £20 - boo hoo. Deal with it. You shouldn’t have stumped up if you didn’t know how it was going to play out. 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:04 PM, woolley said:

I think you organise something like this, or indeed take part in it, at your peril. Too much potential for recrimination.

And all of the foregoing simply reinforces my above opinion. Not worth the hassle.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

So what? I honestly don’t get what the issue is here and I actually bought a ticket rather than just being a random internet moaner. I lost money and frankly I don’t care. I use Kickstarter all the time and sometimes projects succeed and sometimes they don’t. You either get your money back, goods or offers in lieu, or whatever else was in the T & Cs and there’s no lawyers monitoring the handover of every 50p spent there either. This does seem to be a classic case of nobody in the IOM is allowed to have an original idea or try something new because others suspect that they might have made more than £10 for themselves out of it and that would never do. The internet moaners and pitchfork wavers on this one are pitiful to be honest. You didn’t get a house for £20 - boo hoo. Deal with it. You shouldn’t have stumped up if you didn’t know how it was going to play out. 

Sorry TSOS, but there is nothing original about this lottery.

It's been happening for years across, usually with very negative results. 

Loads of rules and regs apply and I don't think this woman is stupid or naïve , but that she saw a loophole and used it to her advantage

Nobody to blame but herself for all the flack she has attracted

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Perhaps if she evidenced to an independent 3rd party (solicitor/Advocate) the identity of her 5 witnesses and the mystery Sarah and allow the aforementioned solicitor/Advocate to make enquiries of them then a statement could be released backing her story if it all checks out?

what makes you think a solicitor/advocate is any more honest  than anyone else??   there are crooked cunts everywhere.   

8 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry TSOS, but there is nothing original about this lottery.

It's been happening for years across, usually with very negative results. 

Loads of rules and regs apply and I don't think this woman is stupid or naïve , but that she saw a loophole and used it to her advantage

Nobody to blame but herself for all the flack she has attracted

Used it to her advantage to do what? She hasn't sold her house and she handed the cash raised to someone else who won the draw. Just how has she used anything to her advantage? 

11 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Used it to her advantage to do what? She hasn't sold her house and she handed the cash raised to someone else who won the draw. Just how has she used anything to her advantage? 

The expenses could be £1k or £129k. That is how she might have used something to her advantage. 

32 minutes ago, Get a life said:

The expenses could be £1k or £129k. That is how she might have used something to her advantage. 

These comments just get funnier and funnier. I at least lost money on this but it seems everyone else is just a snarky moaner. People lost £20 on a raffle and didn’t win a house. The T & Cs were clear and she even made it clear that the draw couldn’t be advertised to Manx people as it didn’t meet the requirements over here. Yet some Manx people still stumped up for tickets and then moaned when they didn’t win a half a million pound house for absolutely NOTHING. Says a lot about the IOM and why we’re in such a mess really. Manx crabs. 

Archived