Are they taking the pi55

Nomadic Raptor

Just saw this on the tynwald question paper for tomorrow

The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –
Whether the Department has considered banning mobile phones from school premises?

is this truly the most important thing that the GOVERNMENT should be discussing?? Seriously!!!  Everything else that is going on and this tool thinks this is important.

i hope someone makes a fool out of him

schools already have their own rules let them enforce the ffs!!!!  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Just saw this on the tynwald question paper for tomorrow

The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –
Whether the Department has considered banning mobile phones from school premises?

is this truly the most important thing that the GOVERNMENT should be discussing?? Seriously!!!  Everything else that is going on and this tool thinks this is important.

i hope someone makes a fool out of him

schools already have their own rules let them enforce the ffs!!!!  

I would say that seagull Moorhouse is unable to ask proper questions. This question I’m afraid is poor and I’m struggling to see where it’s coming at and what he wishes to achieve ultimately.

Moorhouse is an irredeemable prick. I trust that the voters of Castletown and Malew (or whatever it’s called) are taking note of the fact that their parliamentary representsation has been entrusted to a half-wit.

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Moorhouse is an irredeemable prick. I trust that the voters of Castletown and Malew (or whatever it’s called) are taking note of the fact that their parliamentary representsation has been entrusted to a half-wit.

They don't seem to do well down that part of the Island do they?

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

Nope, however we are blessed with a surfeit of village idiots !

And of course Brown became Chief Idiot!

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

The ones at secondary schools need their phones for homework all their work is on computer these days.   As for Moorehouse............harmless is about the best attribute you could pay him.

But also they need it for use to and from school. "Dad, I've missed the bus", "Mum I'm going to me mates" that kind of thing - it's  not like there are payphones anymore.

I hope that Moorhouse is trying to make a serious point about education and the distractions of social media whilst at school, by having internet access at all times via the phone, perhaps he has a point, if this is the thrust of his question. I do however agree with Declan that there are safety reasons why I would want my children, if I had any young ones now, to be able to contact me or whoever in case of a problem. Sadly we live in a changed world where we need to keep watch over our offspring !

But should it be discussed at the top end of government or left to schools and the governors and senior teachers.  I can’t imagine this sort of thing would happen in the uk parliament and prime ministers questions.  Just makes us look like the back water we are or worse amateurish 

Archived