Premiership 2018/2019

De nada

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You are my Solskjaer!"  

Here's hoping for a positive run to the end of the season and an end to the constant complaining and infighting that has followed United this season.  Woodward must get the next permanent replacement right or he should be the one looking for a new job.

One worrying story is that the board are pressing ahead with signing Douglas Costa and a centre back in January without having a permanent manager in place.  Maybe Mourinho was right about the recruitment policy within the club....

On 12/18/2018 at 10:32 AM, the stinking enigma said:

Gutted. Was hoping he'd win a couple over christmas so they'd keep him.

Last week was best thing Liverpool ever did for United! Ended 5 years of dire, turgid, negative, soulless, fearful, defensive bilge.

You don't mind losing if you at least have a go. It's been said that the players were not playing for the manager and the running stats were poor. Well, if you are told to pack your own penalty area and never move more than 30 yards from your own goalie for most of the match, the running stats will be poor. Seems if you actually try to play football it makes it easier to win matches. Who knew?

Cheers, Jose. Enjoy Christmas counting your money.

4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

If Liverpool beat City tonight then they will go on to win the league.  Even a draw gives them a significant edge.

If City win tonight then it will be a very interesting race to the end of the season and probably very close.  

Before the Arsenal game I'd have been satisfied with one point from the two games. We'd still be ahead and have only have three of the big five to play (two of those at home) whilst City would have 4 and Spurs 5. That would have put us in a position to challenge. 

Another way of looking at we ended the first half of the season top, if we match that in the second half City are going to have to be significantly better than that to beat us. in the first half we got 2 points against Arsenal and City. So after the Arsenal game we are two points ahead of target if City win tonight we'd be one point ahead of target. So I think we should go for it, a win opens a useful lead, but a loss is only marginally worse than a draw. 

34 minutes ago, Declan said:

Before the Arsenal game I'd have been satisfied with one point from the two games. We'd still be ahead and have only have three of the big five to play (two of those at home) whilst City would have 4 and Spurs 5. That would have put us in a position to challenge. 

Another way of looking at we ended the first half of the season top, if we match that in the second half City are going to have to be significantly better than that to beat us. in the first half we got 2 points against Arsenal and City. So after the Arsenal game we are two points ahead of target if City win tonight we'd be one point ahead of target. So I think we should go for it, a win opens a useful lead, but a loss is only marginally worse than a draw. 

The way I see it is that a win builds confidence for a team that has never won a league.  A draw is okay.  A loss potentially starts to cause doubts and it has been interesting to watch Klopp and Guardiola trying to put pressure on each other by declaring that the other team is the best in the league/europe/world.  That suggests that they know there is a long way to go and how important it is for the players to be confident but not get carried away.

Archived