Boris and the Burkha

Chinahand

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Apart from swinging parties

...don’t be so sure. That’s why nuns go around in pairs...so one nun can make sure the other nun doesn’t get none.

I quite like Boris, though I don’t think he’s prime minister material but he is good at stirring things up and speaking for a large silent majority. What’s next every comedian who’s a wee bit cutting edge gets investigated and arrested free speech must prevail.

48 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

I quite like Boris, though I don’t think he’s prime minister material but he is good at stirring things up and speaking for a large silent majority. What’s next every comedian who’s a wee bit cutting edge gets investigated and arrested free speech must prevail.

There's usually a difference between a comedian and a politician. Boris's point was reasonable, but how he expressed it was undiplomatic. He knew it would cause a fuss, he's not inadvertently caused the kerfuffle because he would have done his usual crumpled and befuddled half-apology ("I'm sorry if anyone was offended...") outside his house. 

Fair enough he's exercised his right to free speech. But what people say is relevant to how effective they are in roles like Prime Minister, Foreign Secretary, even MP. 

18 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/face-up-to-it-the-burqa-should-be-banned/

Here's another piece, by Laura Perrins, one of the best political commentators around. 

2 hours ago, Declan said:

There's usually a difference between a comedian and a politician. Boris's point was reasonable, but how he expressed it was undiplomatic. He knew it would cause a fuss, he's not inadvertently caused the kerfuffle because he would have done his usual crumpled and befuddled half-apology ("I'm sorry if anyone was offended...") outside his house. 

Fair enough he's exercised his right to free speech. But what people say is relevant to how effective they are in roles like Prime Minister, Foreign Secretary, even MP. 

He wanted it to cause a fuss!

The link above from SMUJ shows only too clearly that Boris got it exactly right. So in the next few weeks the tory faithful like Laura Perrins are going to crib the latest ECHR ruling on the burqa  and pen all sorts of nonsense in his support to make The Maybot look weak. Oh joy!

If you could be arsed to read it that is....

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

If you could be arsed to read it that is....

I had to give up after the first paragraph. Whatever the subject matter of the rest of the article is - burkhas, school uniform, dress down Fridays, Liverpool's new away kit - whoever wrote that paragraph sees the world in grotesque way that is fundamentally different to me. 

9 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

I have it on good authority that Steve Bannon thinks it is just what's needed in the next PM.

Bannon isn't some sort of John The Baptist character and it would be a mistake to see him as an influencer - which is how he seems to often be represented. He's basically good at picking the likely winner as it approaches the finishing line. Or else he bets on the favourite.

He seems to like "Tommy Robinson" too. But he has no business sticking his nose in European and UK domestic politics. In doing so he represents not the best interests of the the European countries or the UK. He represents only the Trump agenda. 

17 hours ago, pongo said:

Bannon isn't some sort of John The Baptist character and it would be a mistake to see him as an influencer - which is how he seems to often be represented. He's basically good at picking the likely winner as it approaches the finishing line. Or else he bets on the favourite.

He seems to like "Tommy Robinson" too. But he has no business sticking his nose in European and UK domestic politics. In doing so he represents not the best interests of the the European countries or the UK. He represents only the Trump agenda. 

who's she.....

its not another #projectfear for muppets like you is it......

Archived