Boris and the Burkha

Chinahand

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, P.K. said:

In a way Boris is merely climbing on to the burqa ban bandwagon because burqa bans like the Belgian one have been challenged in the ECHR where they failed. 

Bewildering Boris bordered the burkha ban bandwagon because burkhas bother the bovver boys Bothersome Boris brown-noses, the berk. 

On 8/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, the stinking enigma said:

Islamophobia should be treated in the same way and to the same level of sensitivity as what anti semitism is. Or vice versa. Either way, of all things they should be equal

well i equally don't give a fuck about it.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:00 PM, woody2 said:

no law has been broken according to police....

no reports have been made to the police......

now the lefties are tell people to report that matter to the police, hopefully they will all be charged with wasting police time......

:lol:

Have things gotten worse since 2013? This column by a muslima about the burqa highlights the hypocrisy of the allegations against Boris...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/06/burqa-bashing-mohammed-ahmed-mohamed-image

The comments section says it all about the average guardian reader...

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Have things gotten worse since 2013? This column by a muslima about the burqa highlights the hypocrisy of the allegations against Boris...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/06/burqa-bashing-mohammed-ahmed-mohamed-image

The comments section says it all about the average guardian reader...

Scraping the bottom of the barrel there Mr Quilp. That piece is 5 years old!

Still amusing though. I liked the fire blanket.

The comments are very Grauniad as you say. "Up to the individual",  "We don't ban things just because we don't like them" etc etc  but especially this one:

"I've found in life if you want to argue against something, its best to start off from a position of knowledge and not ignorance." 

I also found it very refreshing that in the stinking morass that is the UK Brexit negotiations yoy can have a journalist called Remona.....

Er, yes. I realise the piece is 5 years old. That's the point! The columnist is taking the piss, in a light-hearted manner. Though some islamists and lefties didn't think she should have been.

Why has Boris been so vilified? His comments provided a convenient distraction for the furore over Labour anti-semitism and the terrorist's friend, Corbyn.

Another "when I" whoosh moment there, methinks...

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Why has Boris been so vilified? His comments provided a convenient distraction for the furore over Labour anti-semitism and the terrorist's friend, Corbyn.

Nothing to do with Corbyn et al and everything to do with Boris Johnson.

He knows a lot of the tory faithful will back him and with little May can do about it she will seem weak.

Win /Win for Boris.

16 minutes ago, quilp said:

Er, yes. I realise the piece is 5 years old. That's the point! The columnist is taking the piss, in a light-hearted manner. Though some islamists and lefties didn't think she should have been.

Another "when I" whoosh moment there, methinks...

I think the whoosh you hear still is resonating from when you didn't notice the article you link to is poking fun people who get upset about burkhas not people who wear them.

Anyway, it is very nice of Tory peers, Mrs May, the chairman of the Tory party and all the right wing newspapers to put so much effort into directing attention away from Corbyn.

13 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/face-up-to-it-the-burqa-should-be-banned/

Here's another piece, by Laura Perrins, one of the best political commentators around. 

Looks to me like she read the ECHR ruling and then decided to jump on the burqa bandwagon citing the ruling as "original me" or whatever....

Dear me, age does tend to make one cynical. But that's experience for you.....

I don't really get the ban the burqa thing. If people want it banned because it signifies the oppession of females in muslim society then i suppose that's a fair enough view. But boris seemed to be alluding to the potential for committing criminal acts whilst wearing it, i didn't sense much of a spirit of girl power emanating from him. Are there police figures for amount ant type of crime committed whilst wearing a burqa? I somehow doubt it's at the level of dark hooded top and dark jeans.

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I don't really get the ban the burqa thing. If people want it banned because it signifies the oppession of females in muslim society then i suppose that's a fair enough view. But boris seemed to be alluding to the potential for committing criminal acts whilst wearing it, i didn't sense much of a spirit of girl power emanating from him. Are there police figures for amount ant type of crime committed whilst wearing a burqa? I somehow doubt it's at the level of dark hooded top and dark jeans.

imagesEM5JIU2D.jpg.f9a7b13796d12db2275fdd183c233950.jpgSo there you are sat at your till in the bank and this group walk up to you.

Posted for a friend.

Archived