Headline...movement at Castle Mona site

hissingsid

16 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Why all the secrecy ?      

Because it’s going to be partly demolished and they don’t want to tip anyone off until it happens as they might get petitions up etc. just present the public with a fait accompli - the nutters have bought it and it’s going to be a cult headquarters. The rest will be a carpark for when they take out all the parking on the prom. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Because it’s going to be partly demolished and they don’t want to tip anyone off until it happens as they might get petitions up etc. just present the public with a fait accompli - the nutters have bought it and it’s going to be a cult headquarters. The rest will be a carpark for when they take out all the parking on the prom. 

I think you will find that many of the islands so called politicos, and Tynpotwalders will be aware of the buyer (s) of the building. It could be that there has been a concerted effort to surpress the ownership issue, to prevent any ‘mob rule/building conservation’ bodies taking action. HM The Sole has gone on record saying he or his organisation hasn’t bought the building. In all fairness, if they haven’t bought it, who else did? It can only really be developed into flats or a nursing home. I’ll be surprised if the building hasn’t got a restrictive covenants on it preventing it reopening as a hotel. Whoever has bought it will need extensive funding to bring it into modern hotel standards, that’s if they are planning to reopen the hotel subject to any covenants. If it’s being converted into offices/flats, I would imagine the developer has large funds in place.

31 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

If this it true it is so sad.

I was joking about the cult bit. But  would bet that everything but the protected core of the building (ie, the original Castle Mona that has the preservation order) will be dropped. The rest will go for apartments and car parking. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Palace being dropped to in time. 

57 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I think you will find that many of the islands so called politicos, and Tynpotwalders will be aware of the buyer (s) of the building. It could be that there has been a concerted effort to surpress the ownership issue, to prevent any ‘mob rule/building conservation’ bodies taking action. HM The Sole has gone on record saying he or his organisation hasn’t bought the building. In all fairness, if they haven’t bought it, who else did? It can only really be developed into flats or a nursing home. I’ll be surprised if the building hasn’t got a restrictive covenants on it preventing it reopening as a hotel. Whoever has bought it will need extensive funding to bring it into modern hotel standards, that’s if they are planning to reopen the hotel subject to any covenants. If it’s being converted into offices/flats, I would imagine the developer has large funds in place.

nothing to stop it opening as a hotel.....

• 3 weeks later...

Let’s be honest here. Knock the fucka down. This building register, only stifles development. The building is rotten, a new build would be compliant to today’s standards. Buildings come and go. It’s not Buck Pal or anything is it. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:46 AM, Neil Down said:

Don’t JCK have an asbestos removal section?

i think you just give cheapo dust masks to a couple of labourers and bobs your uncle,  you can charge ten times as much to do the same job they'd have done without masks.

19 minutes ago, WTF said:

i think you just give cheapo dust masks to a couple of labourers and bobs your uncle,  you can charge ten times as much to do the same job they'd have done without masks.

Ethical...

48 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Front page exclusive in the examiner!! 

A company has bought the CM!!

A company!!! Wow. Who would have thunk it?

maybe they sold it to themselves, all the rage these days to get round something or other,

Archived