P.O Strike Begins.

Max Power

36 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Paid holidays; sick leave; end of child labour; not being summarily sacked on a bosses whim; reasonable work/life balance; ending dangerous working conditions ....... 

Work / life balance is a good issue as I bet this time of years those working for Manx Independent or Hermes don’t have any. It’s a good rake of money and a very secure pension for a very good work life balance as it stands. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Gizo said:
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

What? 25k a year? Don't think so.

Make that <18k a year 

There are masses of people only earning £18,000 p.a. (tops)

£18,000 maybe the starting salary for a newbie, but like many many other groups of gov. workers, the reality of what they take home is very different.

Look at bus drivers, baggage handlers, hospital porters and even roadworkers and basic secretaries. 

I would love to show some figures, but I have friends in some of those jobs. 

9 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So the future is a nation of renters then.

Don't be silly.

We can't all be high earners and have big houses here and abroad. ( not that I am )

Who pays ATEOTD for the increases in earnings of the basic worker?

Do you think the country can just print bank notes to share out ?

I would love that everyone could own a house, as we have kids too. The chances of them buying is not high. 

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

Paid holidays; sick leave; end of child labour; not being summarily sacked on a bosses whim; reasonable work/life balance; ending dangerous working conditions.......

Industrial action or the threat of it has done almost as little for us as the Romans. 

Not a single one of those things was achieved by left-wing union agitators.

18 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Not a single one of those things was achieved by left-wing union agitators.

You’re absolutely right; all the factory/mine/shipyard/dock/etc owners decided that they would voluntarily reduce their profit margins because Tories are such lovely generous souls. 

5 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

You’re absolutely right; all the factory/mine/shipyard/dock/etc owners decided that they would voluntarily reduce their profit margins because Tories are such lovely generous souls. 

How many factories, mines, shipyards, docks etc are still going now after the involvement of idiots like scargill. That's right, none

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

How many factories, mines, shipyards, docks etc are still going now after the involvement of idiots like scargill. That's right, none

I’ll agree Scargill was a zealot but if you think British heavy industry disappeared for any reason other than right wing Home Counties ideological greed you’re a fool. 

4 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

The Chinese did for the factories. The Poles, the coal. The Koreans & Japanese the shipyards. Containerisation, the docks. Not unions.

They only ever got a look in BECAUSE of the actions of the stupid unions.Talk about turkeys and xmas. FFS

Archived