P.O Strike Begins.

Max Power

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

A lot of people have to take a cut especially when they are paid well but not producing anything that be hiked in price

The same should be applied to other gov worker groups too

Going on strike rarely achieves what the strikers want

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A loss this year is a fact, but it might still be worth remembering the £1.5M the PO has to stump up to Treasury every year, rain or shine, by statute. Alf.

29 minutes ago, Max Power said:

An increased pay offer to assist with the loss of overtime has been turned down. It's obvious that the union is encouraging the strikers to stick it out to protect the power of the union! 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=44533&headline=Increased pay offer for posties is rejected&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

Yeah that worked for scargill (sp):whatever:

I wonder if any of the forty plus managers are walking around delivering mail....nonebI would say.     The story is forty odd managers to about two hundred workers, surprise....no profit.    Solution, attack the workers rights and the customers expections..of getting mail 6 days a week.   Possible answer, cut the number of managers as they are non productive, don't be silly this will not even be considered.

I have been told there are 42 'managers' , including a 'wardrobe manager' (:lol:) and I do wonder what they all do.

That said I have found no problem with the 'posties' and the sub Post Office in Onchan provides an excellent service IMO :flowers:

It's piss poor management and too many of them on massive salaries and pensions that has been the problem for too many years. You have to have worked there to really know what's going on here, and not swallow the usual spin and folk myths about postmen and women. Too many experts on here about things they know fuck all about.  

Do they need a ‘wardrobe manager’?

Do they need colour co-ordinated vans?

A high viz vest and off the shelf and unwritten vans to deliver parcels is all that is needed.  

I have to wear my own clothes to work. If I have to work outside, I put my own coat on. 

That saves a few quid.  

Has anyone seen the electric post person Pat van about recently?  If not, where has that gone?

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Going on strike rarely achieves what the strikers want

Paid holidays; sick leave; end of child labour; not being summarily sacked on a bosses whim; reasonable work/life balance; ending dangerous working conditions.......

Industrial action or the threat of it has done almost as little for us as the Romans. 

Archived