P.O Strike Begins.

Max Power

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

They only ever got a look in BECAUSE of the actions of the stupid unions.Talk about turkeys and xmas. FFS

No; they got a look in because the encumbent government of the day embraced globalisation and cheap coal/steal at the expense of whole communities that their class created in the first place without a thought or care for the  economic consequences for those families who depended on those industries; inadvertently creating the benefit culture and disenfranchising most of the north of England. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I saw them today protesting in the cold - nice touch that the people they were protesting against had provided them with nice warm coats and hats free of charge....

If it heats up tomorrow I’m sure the “Wardrobe Manager” will be round with some nice shorts and a lighter Post Office fleece. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I saw them today protesting in the cold - nice touch that the people they were protesting against had provided them with nice warm coats and hats free of charge....

I hope they're protesting at the sorting office...they'll get short shrift from me...lazy wankers...me having to go way out of town in my time to do their feckin job.

3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Paid holidays; sick leave; end of child labour; not being summarily sacked on a bosses whim; reasonable work/life balance; ending dangerous working conditions.......

Industrial action or the threat of it has done almost as little for us as the Romans. 

That was then... this is now. If you don’t believe me then feel free to ask any of the ex miners that used to have a thriving industry

26 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

That was then... this is now. If you don’t believe me then feel free to ask any of the ex miners that used to have a thriving industry

So your solution is what? Just take whatever erosion of rights and conditions are thrown down by a management structure that couldn’t strategise it’s way out of a paper bag?  

Downing tools is the only weapon in Labours arsenal when Capital tightens the screw; if we were genuinely ‘all in it together’ and the same changes were being made at every level of the CS including MHK’s I’d agree that the postal workers shouldn’t come out but I doubt very much that will ever happen. 

I’m not saying what is happening is right or wrong but if a strike is the only way they think they are going to achieve something then they need all the unions on board. Pretty sure that’s how it worked for the Steam packet when they had the last seamen’s strike. Happy to be corrected

9 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

So your solution is what? Just take whatever erosion of rights and conditions are thrown down by a management structure that couldn’t strategise it’s way out of a paper bag?  

Downing tools is the only weapon in Labours arsenal when Capital tightens the screw; if we were genuinely ‘all in it together’ and the same changes were being made at every level of the CS including MHK’s I’d agree that the postal workers shouldn’t come out but I doubt very much that will ever happen. 

Labour. Are you joking?

The "Labour" your fathers generation knew was a million miles away from what purports to be the friend of the worker now. 

11 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I’m not saying what is happening is right or wrong but if a strike is the only way they think they are going to achieve something then they need all the unions on board. Pretty sure that’s how it worked for the Steam packet when they had the last seamen’s strike. Happy to be corrected

For what it is worth, I "scabbed" on that to make sure the power station got it's oil so the strikers could still watch their f****** TVs and cook meals.

Nothing is simple as these lefties seem to think. 

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Labour. Are you joking?

The "Labour" your fathers generation knew was a million miles away from what purports to be the friend of the worker now. 

I think you may have misread that that post. I took 'labour' to mean the workers, not the political party.

Archived