High Street gloom

hissingsid

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2019 at 10:06 PM, Non-Believer said:

If Douglas BC want to keep retail within Douglas then they need to start getting retail-friendly in umpteen facets of their approach. The exodus to Cooil Rd etc. hasn't just happened for no reason. The sooner DBC wake up to that the sooner they'll have some retail industry to shout about.

Even DBC"s HQ fucked off up to the retail park in Braddan.

11 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

For good reason too.

They were given a massive new complex up there in exchange for their old dilapidated shithole in Lake Road.

This enabled Dandara to develop the area into something much needed and modern...………..OH ! it is a rough car park.:lol:

46 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

They did it’s very ironic that even DTC can’t run its own operations from premises in the town in which it operates. Dandara did a whole pile of those deals to swap out high value prime town centre plots for pretty worthless (initially) spare buildings it had developed on greenfield sites to create momentum they could sell to others. 

5 hours ago, dilligaf said:

For good reason too.

They were given a massive new complex up there in exchange for their old dilapidated shithole in Lake Road.

This enabled Dandara to develop the area into something much needed and modern...………..OH ! it is a rough car park.:lol:

I thought much of it (across the road from Tesco's) remained an old dilapidated shithole and a shining example of DBC hypocrisy when it comes to enforcing clean up legislation against favoured others and itself.

10 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

DTC Management have said that footfall in Strand St was down by 4% this Xmas - doesn't sound much but when you factor in multiplier of people x average £ spend per head it's likely a big drop.

I'd like to know how they even think they can work that out to that kind of accuracy.

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I thought much of it (across the road from Tesco's) remained an old dilapidated shithole and a shining example of DBC hypocrisy when it comes to enforcing clean up legislation against favoured others and itself.

Surely you are not surprised. Look how many times Ritchie the terrible announces that DBC will pursue home owners to clean up their properties whilst leaving derelict eyesore sites alone. Double standards don't even come close.

12 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'd like to know how they even think they can work that out to that kind of accuracy.

It'll be those guys doing the slabs in Duke Street. Counting heads instead of getting on and laying the bloody slabs...

11 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

DTC Management have said that footfall in Strand St was down by 4% this Xmas - doesn't sound much but when you factor in multiplier of people x average £ spend per head it's likely a big drop.

yes,  it probably works out at something like 4%

20 minutes ago, vee_dub said:

Flannels surely?

In various trips to the Strand Centre in the last 12 months I have yet to see more than one or two customers in there at any one time. Usually outnumbered by sales assistants.

ETA. Including a couple of days before Xmas just past.

Archived