Sure C&W Price Hike

Last Ten

I see that Sure C&W are increasing the price of Broadband, landline and mobile contracts.

I would imagine that ultimately it will have something to do with Manx Telecom and their new owners squeezing everything they can to grab back for losing so many customers to Sure.

23 hours ago, Last Ten said:

I see that Sure C&W are increasing the price of Broadband, landline and mobile contracts.

I would imagine that ultimately it will have something to do with Manx Telecom and their new owners squeezing everything they can to grab back for losing so many customers to Sure.

if that were the reasoning, there should be a corresponding price increase of MT and Wimanx prices.

Pretty sure it takes more than a couple of weeks to put together a pricing restructure which would also debunk your reasoning but don’t let that curb your enthusiasm, go get em tiger.

I thought MT had just recently increased their prices, certainly broadband, in the past couple of weeks?

ETA Yes, by 5.4% in early April, there's a thread about it.

17 hours ago, WTF said:

i'm guessing it still connects to a network using MT or Sure masts on the island though ??

Yes, but i am not paying through the nose to use it on island for text, calls or data, and that privilege extends to most of the known world.

MT behave like they still have a complete lockdown on the gig.

7 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Yes, but i am not paying through the nose to use it on island for text, calls or data, and that privilege extends to most of the known world.

Is that a pay as you go with three or a contract?

8 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Is it not expensive to ring an iom landline or mobile using the 3 sim?.

I use it myself for all other calls and data but i thought when i last looked they charged a lot to call local numbers, maybe its changed. 

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Is it not expensive to ring an iom landline or mobile using the 3 sim?.

I use it myself for all other calls and data but i thought when i last looked they charged a lot to call local numbers, maybe its changed. 

Certainly not so far, and nothing like the 40p per minute MT charges to ring a landline from a mobile!

i tend to use WhatsApp for the majority of my calls these days

On 4/26/2019 at 11:28 AM, Derek Flint said:

Certainly not so far, and nothing like the 40p per minute MT charges to ring a landline from a mobile!

i tend to use WhatsApp for the majority of my calls these days

Just  finally looked it up, calling iom number from uk is £1 to £1.25 per minute, oddly calling iom number from the iom is included in your minute allowance. 

Better than sure or mt though. £20 per month unlimited data, calls and txts at the moment

12 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Just  finally looked it up, calling iom number from uk is £1 to £1.25 per minute, oddly calling iom number from the iom is included in your minute allowance. 

Better than sure or mt though. £20 per month unlimited data, calls and txts at the moment

It is a classic example of how IOM residents are being rinsed on a daily basis.

18 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Yes . That's the main issue if using a 3 Sim in the UK..Do not call back home to the Isle of Man .

AFAIK it's cheaper to use a IOM SIM on roaming to call to IOM mobiles if you are in the UK.

I thought that the high charges were for mobiles and not landlines in IOM but I could be wrong here. 

If you are in the IOM then the 3 SIM classes this as part of your allowance..

Archived