Hooray!

Rog

The nation's sense of humour has changed. Black humour is no longer PC or even understood by some of the younger generations.

Brand is 61yrs old and has the humour of a different time. I and presumably lots of others of a "certain age" can understand it. Lots no longer can.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is everything you say he is and worse. Yes, he’s usually the first to start talking about donning khaki and manning trenches, but I’ve met him, and I can tell you he is a puny individual almost entirely incapable of presenting a physical threat to anyone. I’d rather live in a society where radio personalites were censured for inciting listeners to acid attacks against the frail and unhealthy, no matter their politics. 

It was a very crass remark by Jo Brand, no question about that. But some of the audience thought it was funny. Which is why she was there and why she said it and that's what she was being paid for.

Personally I couldn't detect any malice in it. Which to me makes all the difference.

10 hours ago, quilp said:

Maybe wonder what the outrage/reaction might have been had Farage, Boris, or Tommy Robinson uttered it?

When you can't tell the difference between a comedian telling a joke, and a racist spouting hate from a political platform, its time to sit down and let the adults take over.

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

He is everything you say he is and worse. Yes, he’s usually the first to start talking about donning khaki and manning trenches, but I’ve met him, and I can tell you he is a puny individual almost entirely incapable of presenting a physical threat to anyone. I’d rather live in a society where radio personalites were censured for inciting listeners to acid attacks against the frail and unhealthy, no matter their politics. 

A strange riposte from the supposedly intellectually superior side of the divide. Such punyist bigotry.

Archived