Women's World Cup.

quilp

Anyone else watching this series? The quality and professionalism of the ladies game has improved massively. Some entertaining football being played with no less vigour than the blerks. There's plenty of opposition to it but I'm all in favour of the frequent referrals to the VAR, it's ramping up the suspense waiting for the decision, adding a new dimension to the game.

Great stuff.

And I bet the dressing-room smells lovely.

I was lucky enough to watch the England gals playing China a few years ago at Maine Road. Some crunching tackles from both side minus the 20 minute roll you get from the men. 

Indeed. A lot less rolling round on the ground, clutching parts that hadn't even been contacted in the tackle.

One might even suggest that the men are acting like a load of, er, women at times...

34 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Indeed. A lot less rolling round on the ground, clutching parts that hadn't even been contacted in the tackle.

One might even suggest that the men are acting like a load of, er, women fairies at times...

What I've seen (3 games) has been skillful and entertaining. Obviously gone down well, with audiences up to 7 million and they've moved it from BBC2/4 to BBC1 on the back of that. (Don't know why they do that in the digital age. They must think the thick masses are unable to tune out from BBC1). Quite something when Premier and Champions League are languishing on pay tv with tiny ratings. I predict that the tournament will be the catalyst to much greater interest in and coverage of the women's game. Its time has come.

22 hours ago, quilp said:

And women who spit. Who'd have thought :o

I've met a few...

On 7/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, the stinking enigma said:

they played like a bunch of girls

That penalty though! FFS. I could have scored that.

Mind you, I would like to see them play the current Man U team of men(!) to see which is the biggest bunch of girls.

Too bad there will never be a Women's Professional League established.

Canadian Women's Hockey has had a lot of Publicity through their Wins in the Olympics and there has been some talk of establishing a Women's Professional League but it has never been established.

3X3

Archived