Tynwald Day 2019

Rushen Spy

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

It’s cringingly awful isn’t it? How are we supposed to take our parliamentary assembly seriously when this ordure is on offer? 

Nobody cares how you take things, seriously or not. You're not Manx, you geriatric Harkonnen. :lol:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rushen Spy said:

Nobody cares how you take things, seriously or not. You're not Manx, you geriatric Harkonnen. :lol:

I am most certainly Manx you flaccid juvenile.

Just now, Uhtred said:

So you consider that kind of stasis “good” do you?

What I consider is that government is best which governs least, to quote Henry David Thoreau  (though it is often incorrectly attributed to Thomas Jefferson).

Just now, Rushen Spy said:

What I consider is that government is best which governs least, to quote Henry David Thoreau  (though it is often incorrectly attributed to Thomas Jefferson).

Well given that Quayle has done exactly nothing it appears that you suggest the complete absence of government. As that is the perfect exemplar if least. 

2 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Oooooooooooooh. Okay. I have no comeback.

Which is how the rest of us like it. Trappist silence from you for the remainder of your earthly existence would benefit both this forum and mankind equally. 

6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Well given that Quayle has done exactly nothing it appears that you suggest the complete absence of government. As that is the perfect exemplar if least. 

Precisely why I consider him one of the best CMs we've had in years. He knows his own limitations. He leaves it to Chris Thomas to get the real reformation stuff done.

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Which is how the rest of us like it. Trappist silence from you for the remainder of your earthly existence would benefit both this forum and mankind equally. 

Earthly existence can suck my balls.

49 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I do think he's been a good "caretaker" Chief Minister (i.e. one who has done nothing, but also not done anything).

At least part of the problem being that we've had a succession of them in the last 18-odd years?

I always regard Tynwald Day as as annual day of honesty. 24 ridiculous people, who usually pretend they are not, dress up in ridiculous fancy dress to reflect reality. It only lasts for a day, but it is better than nothing. Juan Watterson and Steve Rodan make the extra effort with their fancy dress on occasion, but neither of them really need to prove the point, additionally.

2 minutes ago, joebean said:

I always regard Tynwald Day as as annual day of honesty. 24 ridiculous people, who usually pretend they are not, dress up in ridiculous fancy dress to reflect reality. It only lasts for a day, but it is better than nothing. Juan Watterson and Steve Rodan make the extra effort with their fancy dress on occasion, but neither of them really need to prove the point, additionally.

isn't it 32 + president mcjockface ?

Archived