We're moving to the Island !

Crypto Dave

1 hour ago, ecobob said:

Good on you Dave. Making a move anywhere is stressful but you’re choosing to make a big move but it looks as though you’ve done your homework. 

We’re not dog unfriendly. We love dogs. Most except farm dogs are pets. You won’t find people with a lap dog and a guard dog though and one thing you will find is that when you lay your head down to sleep at night you will not be lulled into sleep by the cacophony of dogs howling from all over. In fact, you might find the quiet hard to get used to. You also won’t be able to go out at midnight for dinner! Something else to get used to. That said, you can eat out at any time between 6am and 9pm - constantly -in the streets mainly. Set mealtimes are becoming a thing of the past  

The Manx are more like your Portuguese neighbours. Slow and melancholy. The only time they show unbridled joy is when they are full of ale. But they are solid and true and friends for life once you win them   over. As John said, we can sniff out a boaster a mile away and it doesn’t go down well. I do realise you’re defending yourself here against the mob but do keep in mind that a bit of humility here will get you more of what you want than playing the big ‘when I’. 

You’ll easy find somewhere to live with dogs. Facebook is the place. There’s a group called Location Location Location. Look on there. Also make a few posts on the Isle of Man sites and you’ll soon find yourself sorted. 

Hee’m oo! 

Love this post, best yet on this thread

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

That's a reference to the vastly over-manned, over-graded and thus over-paid IOM public service that exists in the form it does to maintain the delusion of statehood.

Simple example we have a Chief Constable on the same pay scale as, say, the CC of Greater Manchester. 

It's a very expensive joke. Especially when you factor in the pension liability....

Gov never votes for a) its own demise, b) to make itself smaller of any kind , c) for any kind of monetary  reduction.

its the same all over the world

Edited by Crypto Dave

39 minutes ago, Chris C said:

You say that like it adds some credibility. 

I think most people over here ( with the exception of that government) , have long ago learned to judge well heeled "when I's" by what they do rather than what they say.

Don't get me wrong,  despite the flack you are taking on this forum (admittedly a lot of it from myself) , you'd struggle to find a friendlier place to move to than here.

As ecobob rightly says, a little humility will go a long way here.

Point 1 No, i state as i have found it, from doing my research ( i dont live there yet, so i dont know for sure that is the case) 

point 2,  yes ok i can see that

Point 3,  yes , even through the fog, i think i can see that being the case

Point 4 ,  Yes,  point taken

34 minutes ago, woolley said:

Lol. I did warn you.  Just didn't think you'd encounter it quite so promptly. ☺ And yes, lots of entrepreneurial types have arrived here to kick back over the years only to find the bug still bites and they soon find themselves working 16 hours a day on a new Manx business. The notion that poorer people are somehow subsidising the rich has always been a bone of contention that doesn't stand scrutiny. 

its a skill i tell ya, lol 

and yes, time will tell, if the bug will still bite !

Generally speaking: High Taxes () never work,  the "poor" are always the ones who suffer. Why? because the "rich" can always leave. The "poor" can't. so they get left with the higher tax rates ( this happens all over the world ) which then reduces their disposable income ,  less money for them to spend, the more the economy shrinks.

Lower taxes encourages so much , more people start businesses in lower tax economies than in higher tax economies.

I have noticed a "form"  of this already from complaints (on forums) about the prices of the Steam_Racket ferry co,   £300 to £450 for a return crossing for a car, two adults, two children from the UK , (when you can go to France for example, for 20% to 40% of that figure) is not an incentive for tourists/holiday makers to come to the Island . 

Lower prices on the ferry would certainly help "travel costs"  to & fro 

8 hours ago, display name said:

Zzzzzzzzz.   Lucky Spain

Si, its siesta time here at the time of posting this

¬ ¬

Last Sunday Dis Name posted this on a thread

"The road is a mess,something should be done The road is a mess,the workers are too slow The road is a mess,they're spending tax payers money This road is much better now,but it cost too much. Zzzzzzzzzz  "

I think his finger got stuck on the z key today , again.

1 hour ago, display name said:

That's your best?  Tut

No its not, but i now see that it is pointless engaging with you.

You add nothing to the thread, you just feel the need to troll here ( and probably other threads too) ,

all in all, an epic waste of time. IMO

edit:  I have just discovered that this forum has the option to put anyone on ignore !

You're welcome !

TTFN

Edited by Crypto Dave