What do you think? (People taking over)

Nomadic Raptor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Seize control of the political agenda

We already have periodic elections. May I suggest you focus your efforts there? It is literally the only available legal process which can be utilised for political change. 

I actually don't think the island's problems are "political" anyway. At least not at the moment. The political arm of the power structure, while a necessary hostage of the real power structure for passage of legislation, is only a minor part of the real executive decision-making that takes place on the island. 

If you want real change on the island, I'm afraid you're going to have to stop fixating on politics. Real change will only come about by taking on the various financial interests that normally go unchallenged but very quickly jump out of the shadows to engage in propaganda and economic warfare whenever they are challenged. 

35 minutes ago, Ganesh said:

We already have periodic elections. May I suggest you focus your efforts there? It is literally the only available legal process which can be utilised for political change. 

I actually don't think the island's problems are "political" anyway. At least not at the moment. The political arm of the power structure, while a necessary hostage of the real power structure for passage of legislation, is only a minor part of the real executive decision-making that takes place on the island. 

If you want real change on the island, I'm afraid you're going to have to stop fixating on politics. Real change will only come about by taking on the various financial interests that normally go unchallenged but very quickly jump out of the shadows to engage in propaganda and economic warfare whenever they are challenged. 

Social media is there for the seizing of political initiative, or at least instigating debate

There's more to life than finance, even if financiers think they own & control God's world

45 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Social media is there for the seizing of political initiative, or at least instigating debate

There's more to life than finance, even if financiers think they own & control God's world

Hilarious. What a load of nonsense. Social media is no different to going into a street corner and shouting incoherent gibberish. 

We live in a capitalist world economic system so pretty much everything involves finance.

Your "God" is an idol and does not exist. The world is herself a sublime goddess whom we should worship and adore.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:43 AM, Stu Peters said:

The people spoke and the politicians have obfuscated and largely ignored them.

The unfortunate thing was asking them what they think in the first place. Especially given that they are the 52% who contribute the least to the economy and extract the most.

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

The unfortunate thing was asking them what they think in the first place. Especially given that they are the 52% who contribute the least to the economy and extract the most.

Should those people have their right to vote at all curtailed then? 

3 minutes ago, James Hampton said:

Should those people have their right to vote at all curtailed then? 

Probably wouldn't go down well. Although the current PM probably would given half a chance :)

They should definitely be billed though, were possible.

Important issues which affect the economy will probably be moved out of direct political control once common sense kicks in. In the same way that interest rates are no longer under direct political control. 

23 minutes ago, pongo said:

Probably wouldn't go down well. Although the current PM probably would given half a chance :)

They should definitely be billed though, were possible.

Important issues which affect the economy will probably be moved out of direct political control once common sense kicks in. In the same way that interest rates are no longer under direct political control. 

Billed? Don’t get it sorry. For what?

Sounds like the path back to autocracy, which to be fair has been the dominant form of social organisation for the vast majority of our time doing it. I think if we reach a point where technology provides the tools for social control on a large enough scale (easy to see that is probably coming) we could certainly see a return to that format. 

Archived