What do you think? (People taking over)

Nomadic Raptor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

A clarion call for me to assume my true destiny!

The only real hope for the Isle of Man is to unanimously elect me Benevolent Dictator For Life.

On the second day....

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

On the second day someone would arrange for you to fly one of their super-dooper private aircraft. Probably take you to a few parties or events across. Maybe your favourite band, with VIP seats. .........................

Everyone has their weaknesses and the established seat of power and money on the Island would have you wrapped around its little finger

....by the end of the second day.

I know his weakness. It's that Camila singer bird, so all they need to do is hire her in as his assistant for a while to divert his attention. Problem is, Stu is adept at multitasking. Demonstrably, he can run a radio broadcast while half listening to "outraged of Port Erin" spouting bollox on the phone, so it's highly likely he could still pull the levers of state with Camila on his lap. Probably have to lock them in a room for a few months and hope she either kills him or transports him to a place of such bliss that hankerings for power and greatness are expunged forever.

In retrospect, probably just leave him to run the nation's mouthpiece. Safer for Stu than the other option and harmless for the population saved from his lust for power.

12 hours ago, gettafa said:

If you want change and want to represent what the majority of people around you stand for - then stand for election and change things.

That's what the vast majority of current MHKs did.

In the event that Nomadic Raptor was elected I would give you..3 weeks?...before you were indoctrinated into the higher echelons of the Isle of Man social set. All those people, civil servants, businessmen etc, bowing metaphorically and literally to you and telling you how wonderful you were. Stroking your ego. A couple of free lunches and a buffet or two later you will have forgotten the people who elected you.

In the event that you had stronger morals than I have suggested then I would give you...5 weeks? before you just went along with everyone else.  You would have realised that you needed at least another one and a half dozen like minded people to even have any change considered. 

I've seen this happen time and time again for over 50 years. But don't let me put you off.

Good luck!

It's the #ClubTynwald effect

11 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

What would you change though? It's fine to say you're sick of the Governemnt and have no faith in politicians.. and I suspect a large part of the population feel the same. 

But what would you change? You need to have clear aims and objectives. I suspect you'd find that the current bunch of self self serving bureaucrats would just be replaced by a new bunch of self serving bureaucrats. It's just the nature of politics.

Personally I'd ban the TT/MGP/FOM. Scrap all so-called local authorities. Pass all the railways over to the well meaning volunteer groups for them to look after. The money saved from both would be passed to the health service. 

It is the vital thing for the next election - to set them clear aims and objectives

If the voting public can't articulate what they want from those they elect, then we only have ourselves to blame

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

A clarion call for me to assume my true destiny!

The only real hope for the Isle of Man is to unanimously elect me Benevolent Dictator For Life.

All I need is a small cadre of armed security for the first year or two when most people will hate me for taking all the unpopular decisions that need to be taken and never will be by people seeking re-election. I'll cut public sector staffing in half by sacking anyone with eyes too close together (my mother said you can't trust them) or who generally look at me funny. I'll invest a couple of million in my Gravity Pursuits CentreTM on Snaefell to rejuvenate the tourism market, offer discounted fares on the Steam Packet's quieter sailings, make Ronaldsway the General Aviation hub it ought to be, sack any officious civil servants, change farming subsidies into 'food production for home market consumption' grants, get an English firm over to finish the promenade scheme and Richmond Hill in a long weekend, decriminalise cannabis possession and set up an anti-corruption task force to see for once and for all if that man down the pub is talking shite or not.

On the second day....

There's a small cadre of officious security down at the Sea Terminal, you could use them

Ps. I'd actually support the Gravity Pursuits Centre - but the big one outside Christchurch in New Zealand has recently gone bust so there must be some lessons to learn

8 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Is freedom what you get after you've lost your teenage virginity Bazza?

When you get to my age you become a born again virgin and start again with a clean sheet. I have this on the very good authority of Stu Peters a man of whom it has been said...………….(To be continued)

20 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

There's a small cadre of officious security down at the Sea Terminal, you could use them

Ps. I'd actually support the Gravity Pursuits Centre - but the big one outside Christchurch in New Zealand has recently gone bust so there must be some lessons to learn

Good idea.

Turn the tram overhead cables to a zip-wire.

Winner!

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

And at the end of the day you have to do what London tells you to do.  They only pretend to let you have your own government just so long as you do not cause them too much bother and expense...

That's a given though. The issue is the bother and expense caused to our electorate (us) by our elected.

Archived