Vehicles damaged on voyage

hissingsid

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

always have........ the main crew are to busy with the docking/undocking so always strap after setting sail.......

Nope, bikers always secured their own bikes

So you are just guessing again...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, woody2 said:

sadly not:rolleyes: one of the ship's purser is one of my best mates and was best man at my wedding......

So the North Sea Ferries set sail prior to securing bikes then... What could possibly go wrong.

anyhow, sarcasm aside, bikers secure their own bikes on North Sea Ferries. 

4 hours ago, WTF said:

ND isn't on  about the racket, some north sea operation.

yes i know.......:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

So the North Sea Ferries set sail prior to securing bikes then... What could possibly go wrong.

anyhow, sarcasm aside, bikers secure their own bikes on North Sea Ferries. 

well it can cause damage going through the lock at hull......

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

No chance,  they are now eyeing up the next election so there will be nothing sorted out that will upset the voters so means testing etc will be shelved again and anything else faintly controversial.

Wrong thread Sid?

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Just supporting Asitis in his little let off steam contribution about government priorities or not.

Yes sorry about that, I chose the wrong thread this morning before coffee, but was imagining kicking Skelly in the nethers at the time, boy it was good !!

Some more information has now surfaced om Manx Radio:

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company has responded, following claims multiple motorbikes and cars were damaged during a sailing to the UK on Saturday (31 Aug).

Pictures were shared on social media of a number of bikes on their sides - reportedly moved from their parking positions following rough conditions in the Irish Sea.

It's alleged they were attached to the railing at the side of the car deck, but then broke free.

In a statement, the Steam Packet confirmed that: "some damage was caused to a few bikes and some cars on Saturday."

The company says: "we are dealing directly with those passengers involved."

Which suggests they are indeed covering the damage.  That makes sense if you think about it - a shipping company is responsible for how its cargo is stowed.

it seems they were tied up correctly but the bar they were tied to let go of the boat,  so whether you'd tied them yourself or racket staff had done it if the boat starts dropping to bits  there isn't much you could do about it.

Archived