Local events for a single person to get involved in ?

LightBulb

4 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Went to "Beach Buddies" found everyone ignorant, treated me like i had the plague, wont be going back there again, it was very embarrasing ( maybe if you are not in the financail sector ) you should avoid it.

Bill Dale is one of the nicest guys you could meet. Maybe take a long hard look at yourself.

Don't you have any hobbies? Buy yourself a decent rod and reel. Go fishing. Meet other (usually single) anglers. Join the local angling club. I know a bloke, Douglas Angling Club member, met his future wife whilst fishing one rainy winter's night on the Victoria Pier. She showed him a plaice and asked could he fillet and that was it! They ended up falling for each other hook, line and sinker ('scuse the pun, lol!) and she was soon in the club too. I still see them, under the war memorial at low tide, matching Parka's, she, garden fork at hand, digging away. He, crouched like mantis over the ever-widening hole, his hands deftly tugging the fat, black lugworm out of the spoil between stabs and tossing them in a sawdust-filled tomato box so old it had 'Conibears' on the side in bright red letters. He had it the night they met, in fact. At many a club social event he would regale everyone with a story about the day she put the fork right through his arm and both of them fainted through shock. Folk thought they were sunbathing. Luckily, the incoming tide brought them to their senses and it was off to old Nobles in Billy Quirk's taxi, fork and all. They'll be married 45 years next Boxing Day. Had a son, 'Mackie' I think they called him, sported a mullet haircut done by his mother. Left home at an early age.

So yeah, try that maybe? 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, LightBulb said:

Went to "Beach Buddies" found everyone ignorant, treated me like i had the plague, wont be going back there again, it was very embarrasing ( maybe if you are not in the financail sector ) you should avoid it.

Sorry to hear of the lack of response to BB. You might want to try with Manx Blind Welfare as they have been building a new 'sensory garden' with planting based on smells (there will be other things, but have little knowledge about it), some type of pet remembrance theme and have been buying new vehicles to replace old stock. Good to see them (no pun intended) looking to enhance their clients needs. Ian Cooil is the person doing this and is always looking for help, whether its drivers, admin, shop work or basic DIY. Telephone 674727 https://www.facebook.com/ManxBlindWelfareSociety/

Edited by manxy

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

Inspired post that Quilp. Love it :lol:

Edited to add:

Lightbulb: Are you sure that was Beach Buddies you turned up at and not a naturist group ? I could understand them being a bit sniffy if you had all your kit on. 

Which of the many Naturist group`s on the island are you refering to, i wouldnt` go to the Ramsey one ( heard too many bad eports)  ?

Edited by LightBulb

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, LightBulb said:

What were they ignorant about? What was embarrassing for you?

• 2 months later...