Thomas Cook Collapse

Max Power

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Dear Rog,

Do you know what ATOL protection is? Every holiday you book includes £2.50 ATOL protection for exactly this circumstance. If you don't have ATOL protection, for example if you booked flight only then the government will not be providing a flight to get you home. In this situation you fall back on holiday insurance / credit card protection.

they will if they have space on a flight and chase you afterwards, according to one of the ministers......

We have quite an expensive holiday booked with them to Florida next year. Not worried as I know we can claim our money back. First time I have booked a package holiday in the past I’ve always booked flights and hotel separately. Feel sorry for those with kids who are due to go soon and can longer go. 

6 hours ago, Thie Veg said:

Someone here said "the internet has changed everything". I hadn't realised that TC didn't trade on the internet. If you couldn't book flights online then it's no wonder it got into such a mess.

You could book TC flights online.

They did have regular flight offers to various parts of the USA.

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

So now Freedom Travel is closed. Who would have known they were part of TC??

Looks like our Spanish holiday in a couple of weeks is fcked.

Wonder what to do now to try and get money back, they haven't communicated yet, just saw it in the paper.

Apparently only closed while they sort out the TC customers. (According to a Facebook post.)

3 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Apparently only closed while they sort out the TC customers. (According to a Facebook post.)

Ah - that was wrong. Freedom Travel also in administration: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thomas-cook-information-for-customers-employees-creditors-and-shareholders

9 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

So now Freedom Travel is closed. Who would have known they were part of TC??

Looks like our Spanish holiday in a couple of weeks is fcked.

Wonder what to do now to try and get money back, they haven't communicated yet, just saw it in the paper.

ATOL takes up to two months for a refund.

I’m in the same boat as you doc.....due to fly direct to Majorca in a couple of weeks. No contact as yet, no one on the end of the phone either. Hopefully refunds will be forthcoming in the near future. Very sad for all the employees though who are out on their arse with very little warning. 

Archived