Three Legs on North Barrule

slinkydevil

25 minutes ago, Raffles said:

I think it should stay. Saying "oh, is it ok to put a big cocknballs on a hillside then" is just stupid. It's a manx 3 legs fgs.

Good on you Bryan.

Let me help you with spelling,  it's "cock and balls". 

Other than that, I agree, it's hardly offensive. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I see from the Indy article that RTC actually engaged a drone (and presumably an operator? At what cost to Ramsey ratepayers please, Rhumsaa?) to fly over it and get footage of this "blot on the landscape", one of the complaints about which is that it can already be seen from most of the North of the Island 😂 

I've not read the article but I don't believe RTC have been employing drone pilots in this capacity, I don't recall it having been mentioned, have not seen any reference to the end result and see no reason why RTC would be doing that

41 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I've not read the article but I don't believe RTC have been employing drone pilots in this capacity, I don't recall it having been mentioned, have not seen any reference to the end result and see no reason why RTC would be doing that

If only Onchan district commissioners shared that approach to using superfluous cash.

8 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

I've had to crop this a bit to get round the MF upload data limit but as can be seen, iom newspapers are quite clearly stating that RTC hired a drone for the footage. So either they're wrong or the Board don't know?

20210530_202241.jpg

52 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I've had to crop this a bit to get round the MF upload data limit but as can be seen, iom newspapers are quite clearly stating that RTC hired a drone for the footage. So either they're wrong or the Board don't know?

Yes, that is pretty much what I said

Although I am only speaking for myself and my memory - I am not part of a borg collective

4 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Yes, that is pretty much what I said

Although I am only speaking for myself and my memory - I am not part of a borg collective

IF this article is correct (and being iom newspapers it would probably be best to verify it?), does it not seem a little excessive for RTC to be hiring drone services to obtain footage of an issue that doesn't even lie within their area of jurisdiction? Surely it would be up to Lezayre Commissioners or MU to obtain such footage, rather than Ramsey ratepayers?

With the amount of Board discussion also reported in this matter (to include released statements and quoted "mixed feelings" amongst Board members) it does seem a little strange that you would have no knowledge of the engagement of such services?

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

IF this article is correct (and being iom newspapers it would probably be best to verify it?)

Yes

55 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

IF this article is correct (and being iom newspapers it would probably be best to verify it?), does it not seem a little excessive for RTC to be hiring drone services to obtain footage of an issue that doesn't even lie within their area of jurisdiction? Surely it would be up to Lezayre Commissioners or MU to obtain such footage, rather than Ramsey ratepayers?

With the amount of Board discussion also reported in this matter (to include released statements and quoted "mixed feelings" amongst Board members) it does seem a little strange that you would have no knowledge of the engagement of such services?

I am pretty confident that the Newspaper is incorrect.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

20210530_202241.jpg

Here's a complete clip of that section for info:

3legs01.jpg.abc2a3c571d31d2148c9b3f3c0d6d2c6.jpg

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

Jeepers do non of them own a camera?

sounds like fancy technology that

I wanted to hire an artist

Just now, finlo said:

Well a zoomed in shot from your front garden could have achieved much the same result!

I tried it with my phone, it produced only a marginally clearer image that the papers ran with

Archived