When will the lies stop?

MrPB

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

There has been in the past, tourist advertising of the steam railway, the electric trams and the horse trams if groups had booked on this expectation perhaps the year before then although perhaps not a contract as such it could have caused difficulties for the Company's dealing with the travel arrangements.   This is only the only way I can figure it out. 

That's certainly the line they have been trying to sell - hence the tour brochures.  But it simply isn't true and was never even plausible.  Anyone who has ever looked at the terms and conditions that apply to such transport tours will know that they are full of wording about services not being guaranteed.

This applies even more to the horse trams.  Firstly they are never the main point of such tours, but a quaint optional extra for those who are really interested in the steam trains and/or electric trams.  People may be disappointed if they're not running, but it won't ruin their holiday.  Secondly they have always had shorter seasons than the other forms of transport, so someone organising tours across the season will have wording to say that they may not be running.  And thirdly they are going to be much more prone to other factors that might stop them operating such as weather or those oddly-named diseases horses get. 

So no tour operator is going to have ever promised that they would be running and no contract that guaranteed them was ever plausible.  That the DoI thought they could get away with such nonsense illustrates just how stupid those running it are - and the contempt they hold the rest of us in.  Maybe they are judging us by our politicians.

20 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I think the mess that is Loch and Harris promenade would suggest otherwise, no trams to hold them up there but it has still taken ages, is behind schedule  and nothing is finished

No I agree re the mess but your missing the point . If the trams had stopped then the job could have worked its way along from Derby Castle doing say 2/3rds of the road at a time leaving 1/3 for two lanes of traffic . The rest of the Prom in effect would have been untouched and parking not restricted elsewear . The issue now In my opinion is because of the failure of the pink  concrete ( cracking) and not knowing cause/ remedy has created a issue as till they have established problem they have had to move on . Having already committed to doing middle lane (tram tracks) they are now in a mess . You don't dig up a whole Prom (apart from traffic lanes) in a common sense world. Clearly there lacking in DOI in this regard . If they had done say , 100mtrs section disruption would have been a minimum and parking etc would not have been compromised so much and hence hoteliers ,businesses etc not effected . It's a clusterfuck of a mess with no sign of any improvement . The above is very simplistic but in my opinion the problem . Ohh and no where near enough men on the job and clearly no one who has a clue how to run a big project . Steve Christian and sons being the exception who are always seen busy and working through the day . Auldyn / Colas terrible but again my guess is it's lots to do with DOI planners engineers and suspect plans ..i.e. Rails fitted wrongly . 

6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Your fault is not being able to explain yourself without acting the prat.

I shouldn't need to explain myself, you should be able to think about what you have posted and why it might be stupid. 

As you clearly can't, can you explain, based on everything you know about how things work regarding infrastructure on the island, how you think it is possible that the DoI could knock down about a kilometer of stone wall and move it back a couple of metres? Can you imagine? It would as usual be an absolute disaster.

23 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I shouldn't need to explain myself, you should be able to think about what you have posted and why it might be stupid. 

As you clearly can't, can you explain, based on everything you know about how things work regarding infrastructure on the island, how you think it is possible that the DoI could knock down about a kilometer of stone wall and move it back a couple of metres? Can you imagine? It would as usual be an absolute disaster.

My word, is that what you are basing your stupidity on?

Firstly, if they get anything right, it is the building of walls. Take a look around the island and you will see how good their stone walls are. Secondly, compared to what is going on along the prom now, how could it be any more disastrous.

Archived