When will the lies stop?

MrPB

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's certainly the line they have been trying to sell - hence the tour brochures.  But it simply isn't true and was never even plausible.  Anyone who has ever looked at the terms and conditions that apply to such transport tours will know that they are full of wording about services not being guaranteed.

Of course. I went to Paris once and the Eiffel Tower was closed for maintenance. It’s not like I was going to sue the French Government for slightly affecting the enjoyment of my holiday. 

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I disagree. He asked for a new diesel train that was going to cost £800k. He was told no. 

The decision to buy a second hand piece of crap isn't mutually exclusive with being told no. It's almost like the actions of a petulant child. "Well I can't have it my way but I'm still going to buy one anway". 

I am quite certain that he would see the ensuing chain of events as vindication of his original request for funds to purchase a new loco. If called to account then surely that would be the defence. I know it would be if it was me.

7 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Of course. I went to Paris once and the Eiffel Tower was closed for maintenance. It’s not like I was going to sue the French Government for slightly affecting the enjoyment of my holiday. 

But you can't compare an ascent of the Eiffel Tower with a trip on the iconic Douglas Bay Horse Tramway, can you?

9 hours ago, Declan said:

Is this true? Is the mess the Prom is in because of the works or because of the steps they needed to run the trams whilst doing the works?

And is the implication that the only contractual obligation is that some tourist brochures feature the trams? Most brochures for London feature Big Ben, but they still put scaffolding and tarpaulins over it when maintenance is complete. What next? An artificial sun over Douglas  because it's always sunny in the brochures. 

they tried that before and it didn't end well........

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I am quite certain that he would see the ensuing chain of events as vindication of his original request for funds to purchase a new loco. If called to account then surely that would be the defence. I know it would be if it was me.

it was the changes he made to the 2nd hand loco that caused the problems.........he also wanted changes to the new loco.....

There isn't any guarantee but if 5 or 6 of the big name incumbents were  to lose their seats at the next Gen Elect, that might make them realise that they have to be more accountable to the electorate???

By that, I don'tmean the easy pickings, Moorehouse, Edge and Ann, Ann, Ann, oh whats her name? but Comin members big hitters like Shimmins, Hopper etc.

The message might seep into even the most  thickest of skins that 'accountability has to be real not mouth farts!!!

Accountability of MHK's is one thing but it's long past the time that CS have to made accountable too . It has to happen as the constant fuckups this last couple of years particularly have to be addressed . I said at election time a strong good leader was desperately needed and all we got was Quayle . Almost weekly there signs of incompetence ..most recent is the Bridge at grandstand . Oh DOI needs a huge sort out and a few desks emptied . Don't like anyone losing there job but it's past a joke now . 

On the subject of tenuous....IoM annual economic growth figures are out now too (BBC News online). Agriculture down 30%, construction up (surprise surprise), tourist accommodation down 21%.

Overall growth slowed from the previous figures but they were "so good they were unlikely to be repeated", quote Chris Thomas.

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

On the subject of tenuous....IoM annual economic growth figures are out now too (BBC News online). Agriculture down 30%, construction up (surprise surprise), tourist accommodation down 21%.

Overall growth slowed from the previous figures but they were "so good they were unlikely to be repeated", quote Chris Thomas.

Does anyone other than these deluded clowns believe this shite?

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Does anyone other than these deluded clowns believe this shite?

tourist accom. down because they all stay in private houses now thanks tom air b& b

( and not getting ripped off )

Look up the prices per night for the two best hotels on Loch Prom.

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

I thought they tried to outlaw that here?

I think they did, but word of mouth is better than advertising and the internet is quite far reaching.

The hotel industry kills itself. Look at Douglas over the last 40 years.

3 hours ago, Kopek said:

By that, I don'tmean the easy pickings, Moorehouse, Edge and Ann, Ann, Ann, oh whats her name? but Comin members big hitters like Shimmins, Hopper etc.

Hooper isn’t a COMIN member. But the removal of Moorhouse, Edge and Corlett (for that is Ann, Ann, Ann’s name) would be a jolly good start. I hope your assertion that they are ‘easy pickings’ proves to be correct. Moorhouse certainly is.

Archived