When will the lies stop?

MrPB

Heard yesterday that lack of men has something to do with St Mary's school , should have been finished for start of autumn term and a big job ,can't remember what it is in Ramsey that's also already 16 weeks behind and men needed on both . Both messes apparently and common denominator , Auldyn !

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Heard yesterday that lack of men has something to do with St Mary's school , should have been finished for start of autumn term and a big job ,can't remember what it is in Ramsey that's also already 16 weeks behind and men needed on both . Both messes apparently and common denominator , Auldyn !

Surely the common factor is that people are trying to do things that while they should know what to do simply don't know what to do. One word.  Incompetence.  Incompetence at all levels especially in the case of the "civil service".

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

A Government loss making enterprise holds up a multi million pound civil engineering project and trashes private business as it does so !

Only on the Isle of Man !

That's a perfect analogy . And so true ! Mind blowing really screw the locals who are stuck here but fit in against any sense the 700k loss making trams. I actually like the horse trams but they should have stopped them for this project for sure .

42 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Site/building labour is apparently a short commodity at the moment with  the big local concerns actually regularly poaching labour from each other on occasions to fill the gaps.

1 hour ago, asitis said:

A Government loss making enterprise holds up a multi million pound civil engineering project and trashes private business as it does so !

Only on the Isle of Man !

Don't forget that the Quayle administration is in partnership with business

24 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Site/building labour is apparently a short commodity at the moment with  the big local concerns actually regularly poaching labour from each other on occasions to fill the gaps.

In both these cases it's because of cockups  and really bad workmanship  . Roofs leaking but getting plasterers to plaster walls and then paint them . Rinse repeat when the paint peels off . Apparently this happened before on the care home on York road area built by JCK

4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

The main problem lay with the decision. They should have been laid on the promenade walkway with the gardens narrowed slightly. They are from a bygone age and whilst I don't particularly want rid of them, I don't want them trotting down the middle of a main arterial road either

This was not so much debated at length in Tynwald as absolutely battered to death. Every possible configuration was proposed and nothing could be agreed upon bar a grudging acceptance of replacement as per the status quo. It was torture to listen to. 

4 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Yes you can. He didn't 'need' to buy one at all. Yes he wanted one to supposedly reduce costs on his steam railway, he asked for £800k or whatever it was, and he was told no. 

He should then have just accepted that and moved on without a diesel train, not buy a substandard heap of shite

That is an opinion and it might be correct. Doesn't change the veracity of my statement. Longworth wanted to buy new and in view of subsequent events that would probably have been a similar cost for a brand new, fully functioning unit which would by now have 5 years work under its belt. 

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

That is an opinion and it might be correct. Doesn't change the veracity of my statement. Longworth wanted to buy new and in view of subsequent events that would probably have been a similar cost for a brand new, fully functioning unit which would by now have 5 years work under its belt. 

I disagree. He asked for a new diesel train that was going to cost £800k. He was told no. 

The decision to buy a second hand piece of crap isn't mutually exclusive with being told no. It's almost like the actions of a petulant child. "Well I can't have it my way but I'm still going to buy one anway". 

3 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I disagree. He asked for a new diesel train that was going to cost £800k. He was told no. 

The decision to buy a second hand piece of crap isn't mutually exclusive with being told no. It's almost like the actions of a petulant child. "Well I can't have it my way but I'm still going to buy one anway". 

The first time I can remember anything coming out of Government which sounded like financial responsibility !

1 minute ago, asitis said:

The first time I can remember anything coming out of Government which sounded like financial responsibility !

A classic problem with pencil-heads is that they seem unable to grasp the concept that cheap doesn't necessarily equate with value for money.

Unfortunately no matter how many examples they stumble through it seems the lesson is never learned.

But hey, it's not their money going down the toilet....

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

It wasn't though was it. As first thing they did was fit another cab on it on the other end. Making it too heavy so had to fit new bogeys to it. Had to made or source and then didn't fit tracks so had to be altered .. lots more issues now a oil leak so it'd probably cost as much as longworths original costing. Funny as he insisted they had to have it ,rescue broken trains etc but have managed without now for 7 years . Remind you of anything ????? Try airport Radar !! Had to have etc and as far as I know still not signed off ..9 years ! 

Archived