Disposable Personal Incomes Crash Under Quayle Administration

Donald Trumps

Is he that much in control of the economy or the direction of 'His' Govt when the Comin have a majority over him, can he say that 8? of you may oppose me on this matter but I will have my way???

If he stretched the point too far, may they not cause a NO Confidence motion?

Afterall, would not most of Comin be returned to their positions in a new administration?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think that HQ takes any direction other than that advised by his CS? Who doubtless keep him sweet and buttered up in the name of ensuring their own causes. Only a year to push in his term too.

42 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I would disagree. Howard Quayle has a whole lot of clout irrespective of his intelligence or lack thereof. His personality is stamped all over our lives.

If he feels the low paid should have the screws put on them, then he can drive policy in that direction and instruct the civil servants likewise.

For example, Quayle is a smug toilet-taxer. He was the original apologist along with David Quirk (who he?) to go on Manx Radio and defend it. It was a straightforward way to make the low-paid even more low-paid and that is something that seems to drive oor Howard. (Quirky was just bimbling along in there because he was told to). As fat cats go, I feel Howard is every bit in the mold. 

And he's our Head Honcho, folks.

Complete garbage. Even if the Chief Minister had an IQ of 5,000 he would still have 0 power over disposable income on the island. He may have some power over public sector disposable income, but that in and of itself is also dependent on private sector income (to fund it) and that remains a matter of international market trends totally out of the hands of the IOM Government.

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Do we think that HQ takes any direction other than that advised by his CS? Who doubtless keep him sweet and buttered up in the name of ensuring their own causes. Only a year to push in his term too.

Even the island's CS doesn't have the power that "Donald Trumps" (the Manx Forums poster) imagines.

11 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Even the island's CS doesn't have the power that "Donald Trumps" (the Manx Forums poster) imagines.

I'm not so sure. They've successfully led a succession of DOI ministers by the nose and latterly into the latest fiascos.

Ministers come and go and are essentially disposable. They are not the departmental experts on the subjects and have to rely on what they are told. If those doing the telling have their own agendas how are the elected to know the difference?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, Rushen Spy said:

What great power do I think the IOM CS holds?

They may write Mr Quayles speeches for him but I don't see that as a position of especial influence

It is the biggest pile of crap out of the cabinet office and that takes some doing. A random sample of 18,000 became an actual test on 1,000 and in return there was a minimal 'bribe' of £50 for allowing the govt to snoop into your spending habits and household affairs, and that's the average ffs. Just over 5% return rate and most likely the ones in need of the additional cash. The 95% who just said fuck you may posibly have influenced the outcome no? They should be embarrassed publishing this shite.

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

What great power do I think the IOM CS holds?

They may write Mr Quayles speeches for him but I don't see that as a position of especial influence

They formulate and execute policy.

Archived