Better off here than in UK - Cannan.

woolley

13 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Think your gut feeling is correct - most of us surely are feeling similarly?

Anyway, the changing nature of work means that IOMG have to consider some kind of basic income scheme - ideally oriented towards the development of a green economy - whether it suits them idealogically or not

Dream on. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's the price you pay to live in a peaceful, relatively law abiding, safe and beautiful place, so what if things are more expensive here...I've lived in the UK, I was born in England, the Isle of Man is by far way better to live than the UK, even the nicer places in the UK don't come close to this Island.

14 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Well that's the price you pay to live in a peaceful, relatively law abiding, safe and beautiful place, so what if things are more expensive here...I've lived in the UK, I was born in England, the Isle of Man is by far way better to live than the UK, even the nicer places in the UK don't come close to this Island.

I seriously beg to differ.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm of the opinion that the economy has been on the slide here for at least six years...

I'm going to trump your six with a fifteen,  I always think pub patronage is a good barometer of the economy and look how that's tanked from the early noughties to now

UK has a far bigger spread of population to tax and recoup any very expensive Govt errors, notwithstanding a far larger economy full stop. We have liabilities now that far outstrip the fiscal ability to repay. Attempting to do so in the belief that a golden goose will flutter in and resolve the problems is why we are in the position we're in.

Remedy should have begun in 2009/10. It didn't.

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It's def batter for Cannan as he wouldn't get the salary and benefits he does here ! Ordinary person in the street especiallly low incomes it's very doubtful if there better off . Lidl and the likes will ensure we can't complete  

Exactly,  we live like Kings when we go across and get treated like one as well especially when eating out!

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

Exactly,  we live like Kings when we go across and get treated like one as well especially when eating out!

You're not drawing comparisons with H&B's fine cuisine are you....? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

You're not drawing comparisons with H&B's fine cuisine are you....? :lol:

Haha yeah really I'm sure hes not as there portion size is criminal. Was in Termy a few weeks ago when new menu ,portion size cam out and commented on it and was told when it settles the chef is going to increase portion size etc. was in on Friday and the portion size was actually smaller ..tasted fine but quantity , a little small piece of fish was quite honestly a disgrace.  

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Haha yeah really I'm sure hes not as there portion size is criminal. Was in Termy a few weeks ago when new menu ,portion size cam out and commented on it and was told when it settles the chef is going to increase portion size etc. was in on Friday and the portion size was actually smaller ..tasted fine but quantity , a little small piece of fish was quite honestly a disgrace.  

Portion sizes are set by the brewery

Alf is merely peddling the “it’s all good and no need to worry” message that has been at the core of all Government policy and propaganda in the Quayle administration. The fact is that, on my income, I would be much better off, financially, living in the UK right now, taking my total outgoings into account.  There are other reasons that keep me here. One of them used to be Hope, but that is gone now.

4 minutes ago, joebean said:

Alf is merely peddling the “it’s all good and no need to worry” message that has been at the core of all Government policy and propaganda in the Quayle administration. The fact is that, on my income, I would be much better off, financially, living in the UK right now, taking my total outgoings into account.  There are other reasons that keep me here. One of them used to be Hope, but that is gone now.

Since before that. Since circa 2013 I'd say...?

Archived