Apparently we need more accountants

The Orgozoid

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Bothered or not or long term "sick" they're still unemployed!

I'll edit my original post to note 'maybe 100 people unemployed who can be arsed getting a job'

Of course the long term sick or professional bums would be prime individuals for a career within accountancy? 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, finlo said:

Bothered or not or long term "sick" they're still unemployed!

It’s a bit like the blind leading the blind here. Someone gives a figure of 100 that they’ve totally made up then challenges everyone else to prove any different number by actually supplying facts that they haven’t. 

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

I can't think of a more boring career which is so detached from the realities of life?  

How many ex-accountants do we have in Tynwald again...? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

How many ex-accountants do we have in Tynwald again...? :lol:

Probably not enough.  They would probably be better with budgets, or any kind of business related matters. 

29 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'll edit my original post to note 'maybe 100 people unemployed who can be arsed getting a job'

Of course the long term sick or professional bums would be prime individuals for a career within accountancy? 

I wasn't trying to suggest they would be prime candidates just the 100 unemployed which is probably 10x that or more by using different terminology.

38 minutes ago, The Orgozoid said:

There seems little point in debating with anyone who just seems to be looking for an argument all the time. The lack of success of that department is all around. Now we are bribing accountants to come here. It’s vaguely reminiscent of the press gangs. You’d hate to be an accountant who fell asleep at a DfE event. You might end up drugged and force ably removed to the IOM to help contribute to their pensions. 

There's little point because you don't really want to debate.  

You just want to post bitter, unsubstantiated, lies and shite and when you are actually challenged about it you have nothing to really offer.

Your comments about a lack of success are a case in point.  I've dealt with numerous companies and set ups new to the island who have been very positive about the assistance and support they have had from government.

The eGaming sector has been a great success and a lot of effort has gone in from DfE (or whatever you want to call it).  It isn't something someone bitter like you wants to hear.  But it is true.

New business is and has been coming here due to government efforts.  Of course thing can always be done better so offer your know all services.  You seem to have plenty to criticise over.  I've not seen you offer anything positive.  Comical really (as it always has been)

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

I wasn't trying to suggest they would be prime candidates just the 100 unemployed which is probably 10x that or more by using different terminology.

Yes but in the context of people filling jobs then the unemployed people are those that could work but do not have a job because they cannot get one (although are actively trying).

This is the context in relation to employers trying to find staff.  The health of a job market isn't defined by people that cant be arsed to work or those on long term sick.  In reality there is next to no unemployment here.  If you want to work, there is work.

Expending that to certain segments there are jobs to filled and no one to fill them.  Hence seeking people from other places.  The South Africa initiative is a good one.  Lots of people with great education and experience looking to move and the island is a great place for them to come.

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's little point because you don't really want to debate.  

You just want to post bitter, unsubstantiated, lies and shite and when you are actually challenged about it you have nothing to really offer.

Keep you’re hair on. What bitter unsubstantiated lies and shite? You mean the obvious joke I made about the DfE and the press gang? You seem to be a very irate and touchy poster that seems goes off on one for no reason. As I said it doesn’t seem to be worth the effort to debate with you as the story does often seems to be the same. That everyone else is always talking shite except you. Yet at the same time you don't seem to back up any of the wild claims or statements you make whatsoever. 

Just now, The Orgozoid said:

Keep you’re hair on. What bitter unsubstantiated lies and shite? You mean the obvious joke I made about the press gang? You really seem to be a very irate and touchy poster. As I said doesn’t seem to be worth the effort to debate with you as the story does often seems to be the same. That everyone else is always talking shite except you. Yet you don't seem to back any of the claims or statements you make whatsoever. 

Lol.  I'm just pointing out your baseless posting which seems to have triggered potential meltdown territory.  How have you backed any of your claims by the way other than the usual way of course?

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Lol.  I'm just pointing out your baseless posting which seems to have triggered potential meltdown territory.  How have you backed any of your claims by the way other than the usual way of course?

As I said there is no point in debating with you. You need to calm down and back up what you say with at least some substance IMHO. 

Archived