Coronavirus

Chinahand

5 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

I'm sure about how exposed you are to what people are doing "over here".

But I have plenty of tins, bottled water and a cupboard full of triple-ply TP. 

I guarantee, the exact same % of manx people are prepared as the mainlanders. Because that's how humans work.

Fair 'nuff but my intentions were good.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If TT were to be cancelled due to the coronavirus threat, when would it be announced? When did they make the decision over Foot and Mouth? For those that know about TT, when should be the latest a decision should be made? 

7 hours ago, Rog said:

Fair 'nuff but my intentions were good.

I actually agree with you that the trickle down effects from problems in the supply chain (here and UK) will probably cause more misery than cv itself. 

Markets crash and firms go bust. But we all have 3+ months salary tucked away, right? We'll be okay ;)

And in poorer countries it could be a LOT more severe.

12 hours ago, wrighty said:

If TT were to be cancelled due to the coronavirus threat, when would it be announced? When did they make the decision over Foot and Mouth? For those that know about TT, when should be the latest a decision should be made? 

If the UK gov.decide to prohibit large gatherings like sports events surely they will ask the Manx government to cancel the TT, there will be large numbers of French, German, Dutch,  and Spanish TT fans travelling through to UK by road, they would surely have to do something about that too? I think the TT will have to be cancelled sooner than later.

9 hours ago, hagar the horrible said:

If the UK gov.decide to prohibit large gatherings like sports events surely they will ask the Manx government to cancel the TT, there will be large numbers of French, German, Dutch,  and Spanish TT fans travelling through to UK by road, they would surely have to do something about that too? I think the TT will have to be cancelled sooner than later.

Not forgetting the brewing of thousands of gallons of Bushy's, tens of £thousand's spent prepping racing bikes and £5.50 of value upgrading the TT roads at a DoI cost of £500k.

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Who would have believed it? Queues outside Boots this morning for the last batch of hand sanitiser. Quickly sold out apparentley.

What's wrong with soap?

Archived