Anyone know why Tescos in Douglas is so poorly managed?

Patient centred

6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

They may have more heavy vehicles but none suitable for home deliveries. Can't imagine anybody being happy with a 40ft articulated lorry turning up to deliver their weekly shop

Yawn, the forums serial arguer looks for any green shoots to create another argument. They are a serious distribution company with lots of contracts on and off Island with various vehicle formats. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Yawn, the forums serial arguer looks for any green shoots to create another argument. They are a serious distribution company with lots of contracts on and off Island with various vehicle formats. 

Managed to stay away from this thread so far as it is borderline FB Manx Shops and Services level - bewildering....

R U OK HUN - SENDING HUGS - SOME PEOPLE............

1 hour ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

So how many “Tesco” style delivery vehicles do they currently have in their fleet?

Doesn't Ramsey Coop do home delivery? Sure I saw a couple of vans up there last year.

Friend of mine amusingly got sacked from Tesco delivery for speeding, the vans have gps trackers and they know. 35 in a 30 near Glen Vine twice in a day and out of a job.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Doesn't Ramsey Coop do home delivery? Sure I saw a couple of vans up there last year.

I think they only deliver to businesses (hotels, restaurants and so on) and of course shops that sell their bread etc.

Edited to add: Ignore that - I misread it as Ramsey Bakery.  But you are right and it does appear that Ramsey Coop does indeed do deliveries, but in a different way.  You have to come in to the store and do (and pay for) your own shopping, but they will then deliver it to your house at an agreed time, so you don't have to drag it home yourself.  £3 charge or free if you spend over £25.  Only Ramsey offers this on the Island, presumably because there isn't room to do it (or anything else) in the other branches.

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think they only deliver to businesses (hotels, restaurants and so on) and of course shops that sell their bread etc.

Edited to add: Ignore that - I misread it as Ramsey Bakery.  But you are right and it does appear that Ramsey Coop does indeed do deliveries, but in a different way.  You have to come in to the store and do (and pay for) your own shopping, but they will then deliver it to your house at an agreed time, so you don't have to drag it home yourself.  £3 charge or free if you spend over £25.  Only Ramsey offers this on the Island, presumably because there isn't room to do it (or anything else) in the other branches.

Thought so. Surprised they've got their own vans though, you'd have thought bus cannon would be all over it with a 'dial-a-delivery' service.

• 4 weeks later...

On Tuesday tried to login to tesco to amend our order - failed.

Tried again on Weds - failed. Rang up - system experiencing difficulties but will be up soon.

Anyway our order arrived just now and everything was included.

Tried to login - failed.

Anyone know if this is a local issue?

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

On Tuesday tried to login to tesco to amend our order - failed.

Tried again on Weds - failed. Rang up - system experiencing difficulties but will be up soon.

Anyway our order arrived just now and everything was included.

Tried to login - failed.

Anyone know if this is a local issue?

Maybe they know its you... :whistling:

On 1/30/2020 at 12:54 AM, Numbnuts said:

Surely home delivery is a loss leader as it can't pay to do it . Take the driver costs and vehicle fuel ,maintenance ,tax and insurance etc and it has to lose quite a bit. Can't see any other outlet rushing to compete .

But they can clear all the stuff I move to one side to get a better sell by date.:whistling:

22 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Maybe they know its you... :whistling:

The massive Abbot Ale order probably gave me away....

Finally got through by tethering a tablet to a mobile that was Tesco Mobile / Manx Telecom over here. Like being back at work!

Which sort-of points at Sure.

Archived