muslim nominated for MLC...

SJR

No this will never happen Neil they may do the job of scrutinising too well and have more experience than the MHKs, which would not be hard, they have been around and know too much.    That would never do would it.   The idea is to fill the places with pliable people who will nod things through and not ask questions that is why the women got appointed wholesale last year despite having little experience of not a lot, that did not turn out well.:whistling:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, display name said:

Oh c'mon Ducky. I expected China  to take my statement literally,but not you.

I've been through Leicester many times over the last 30 years and even back then it was becoming a one sided multicultural place

Forgive me. I'm always mindful of where I live. I met a woman in Port Erin about 10 years ago who'd never been to KirkMichael... (cue barrage of KM jokes)

3 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Forgive me. I'm always mindful of where I live. I met a woman in Port Erin about 10 years ago who'd never been to KirkMichael... (cue barrage of KM jokes)

she obviously knew what the place was like.

4 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

When I was a child my mother knew an elderly lady (I think her surname was Dawson) who lived in Hatfield Grove, Douglas. It was said that the furthest she’d ever been from Douglas was Glen Vine, to attend a funeral. Can’t vouch for the reliability of this.

21 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

When I was a child my mother knew an elderly lady (I think her surname was Dawson) who lived in Hatfield Grove, Douglas. It was said that the furthest she’d ever been from Douglas was Glen Vine, to attend a funeral. Can’t vouch for the reliability of this.

was it her own ?

On 2/10/2020 at 12:14 AM, P.K. said:

I think they should be got rid of altogether.

The upper house is a gilded cage for failed MHK's with a penchant for trousering lots of taxpayers money for doing little of value and bored folks who fancy hobby politics without the drag of canvassing and getting elected....

This - or make it publicly elected.

Either would be better than the current House of Keys appointment nonsense.

Archived