ScooterGate

On The Bus

Why is this being given so much attention by Manx Radio/Paul Moulton TV/Energy et al? 

The guy has made a complaint to the Government, Chris Thomas has said it's getting sorted, but still he has to piss about and act up in front of a bus in town?  For once I actually think Moorhouse has a point 

https://energyfm.net/cms/news_story_615273.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I understand it he has one of those road going scooters, rather than an electric wheel chair? 

How do other scooter users manage, when they want to travel into town?

Is the real answer he should have bought an electric wheel chair instead of a scooter if he wanted to use it on the bus?

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Wheelchair = genuinely disabled = allowed on the bus

Mobility scooter = lazy = not allowed on the bus

Simple

To be fair to Eric Corkish - he is missing a leg.

3 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

I think Eric's being a bit of a twonk - the bus can't take his scooter because it can't be stowed properly, also how did he get to Douglas in the first place (he lives in Ramsey)?

He drove. He has a vehicle. He uses it to tow his golf buggy from his house to the golf club.

What is the difference between an electric wheelchair and an electric scooter ?   Is it a weight issue or size.   I thought Moorehouse was over the top with his letter, putting the public in danger :wacko:   how ?   I thought we had just passed a new disability bill, ok he has a car but there could be some people affected by this ruling that have not.  

Electric wheelchairs are used indoors and outside on even ground. Smaller turning circle. Joystick control. 

Electric Scooters are for outside use, more uneven terrain. Larger turning circle. Bike handles. 

Scooters seem to be for people who can walk a bit, but tire. Wheelchairs for the less mobile. 

https://www.yorkshirecareequipment.com/advice-tips/mobility-scooters-vs-electric-wheelchairs/

9 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

He took it to London on the plane

But couldn't get it on a bus

I bet the mobility scooter was put in the aircraft hold and that he was taken on under the mobility assistance arrangements at the airports.   Can't imagine getting one of them onto an aircraft.

Archived