IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Anyone know if Shoprite has ran out of bog roll yet?

The general Facebook lunacy has already started so I’d maybe give it a few hours until they’re down to a few tins of beans left. It’s sad that now they are more managing peoples psychological fears than they are managing the actual coronavirus response. There wasn’t a need for that announcement and despite the fact the risks are absolutely negligible, and that it was done in a very balanced and clear way, it’s still not stopped the stoopids kicking off. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My worry is the rest of the plane that the person came back on , Who is to say they did not pick it up on the flight and not where ever they were before.

I would think track and trace should be contacting them at least if not testing They seem desperate not to discover if anybody else has picked it up.

I was thinking it's not so serious till he stated they had it all under control and robust measures are in place, My Arse

10 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I was thinking it's not so serious till he stated they had it all under control and robust measures are in place, My Arse

Checking and tracing and tracking seems to be the weakest link in this whole thing. The 111 team seem to be checking very little. Most people getting just one call - Hi, are you self isolating? Yes we’re self isolating thank you very much. If we get a cough we’ll let you know. Bye. The focus does seem to be far too based around us being able to claim we’re COVID-19 free as suggested above rather than much else. The announcement didn’t seem to suggest they’re keen to track anyone on the plane especially in relation to this. Maybe because the case is a key worker and was on a flight with another load of key workers? It was a good balanced announcement though but the hysteria is already starting to whip up. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

36 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Anyone know if Shoprite has ran out of bog roll yet?

Dunno about that but I heard TJ has been to Marksies and bought their entire stock of tinned spuds in case he catches the lhergy for the twelvty millionth time.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Doesn't need a Sunday morning press conference for that really does it? 

45 minutes ago, Declan said:

I can't believe they held a press briefing about something so trivial. All this psychopathic display of self-importance does is breed hysteria. Quayle's ego knows no limits.

Amongst fear and fanfares they wheeled out the Guvnor to tell us someone had copped their wack

Edited by gettafa

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

As soon as the case was announced the FB eejits were calling for naming and shaming.  It is unbelievable how dense many people are.  Everyone looks at the number of positive cases in the UK due to wider testing and not the almost negligible death rate there now. 

Aye Manx Forums is sheer hell but to be fair, Facebook makes this place look like a cool, calm and collected retired professors debating society. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Probably the most unforgivable moment of the whole Covid cock-up. 

The emphasis should be on that the system is working as designed.

Unfortunately a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link which in this case is the fuckwit factor. Some have been caught that elicited the response "If you won't self-isolate then we'll do it for you" and quite rightly in my opinion. 

So if you know of anyone taking the piss then dob them in. It's your civic duty to do so.

No matter what you personally think of them rules are rules.

Unless your name is Dominic Cummings of course....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

My worry is the rest of the plane that the person came back on , Who is to say they did not pick it up on the flight and not where ever they were before.

I would think track and trace should be contacting them at least if not testing They seem desperate not to discover if anybody else has picked it up.

They’ll be doing 14 days isolation, or now 7 days and a test, anyway. Someone doing track and trace said on Twitter that they had a busy evening yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

They’ll be doing 14 days isolation, or now 7 days and a test, anyway. Someone doing track and trace said on Twitter that they had a busy evening yesterday. 

As opposed to doing very little.

3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Presumably because there’s not been a need before 

Well if you don’t routinely test people returning to the IOM, and there’s no community transmission, then there’s nobody to trace is there as nobody is positive in order to trigger a tracing exercise! 

Edited by Southfork